11-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had similar problem, I woke up in the morning, captured my curve 8330, started pressing the scroll key, instead it should go into my email it pressed me the '#', I pressed other buttons but they pressed me something else, for example I pressed the xxx8216;delxxx8217; key and xxx8216;wsxxx8217; was typed on my screen, I took out the battery several time but nothing help, it only got worse, now I wasnxxx8217;t able to press any key, in other words the keyboard died, I searched google, clicked into 100's of blogs to find a solution for that but nothing help.
Finally I decided to try something unique and that helped me, no need to reinstall OS, no need to go to a sprint/Verizon/T-mobile store, just a few small steps that took me about 5-10 minutes, I'll tell you exactly what I did, maybe I didnxxx8217;t need to do every single step.
1. I plugged in my blackberry into my computer,
2. Opened up "Desktop Manager"
3. Clicked on "Backup and Restore"
4. Under the "Backup" options I clicked "Back Up"
5. After the Backup was done, I left the blackberry plugged in for a few more minutes, and THE KEYBOARD STARTED WORKING!!!!
Again maybe just the charging fixed it or maybe the backup fixed it, whatever the case is my blackberry is working now as if nothing happened!!