Replacement 8900 won't upgrade to 5.0
Just got my warranty replacement 8900 from Tmo cause the 8900 i have now is acting up and has trackball issues (the replacement they sent me has a sticky trackball btw :x
1. I connected to my Win7 Pro 64 bit PC to do the upgrade to 5.0 (1st without sim card, then with sim card from another line without bb data plan)
2. Ran DM to update s/w, selected os 5.0 from the list, then it takes me to a screen where I'm supposed to select apps (i dont want to add apps, just upgrade) but next is grayed out, i can only do main menu or back. If I add an app, all it will let me do is add an application, not upgrade the os.
3. Of course I deleted vendor.xml from \common files\res...\apploader
4. Ran loader.exe manually and got the same thing.
5. Connected my existing phone running os 126.96.36.1991, and got to the next screen where you select which apps on the phone you want to keep.
So the only thing I can think of is to put the original sim with the bb data plan on it in the phone? But this doesn't make alot of sense to me. Your thoughts/comments/experiences/suggestions are appreciated.
make sure you installed DM w/o the option to automatically check for updates!!!
if thats the case, delete vender.xml. if that doesnt work wipe the device.
I reinstalled DM 5.0 without the auto update feature checked, no luck.
After swapping the SIM from the original phone, I was able to update. Does this make sense to any of you out there?
i have heard that you need a data plan to install os 5, but i didnt know if / how this could be true / enforced.
possibly that could be it?
Hmmmm seems that way to me. The sim I had in it was from a phone w/ no data. Anyone else had this happen?
try with a sim that does have data.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.