BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2010, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Model: 9700
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 106
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default fetion and tecent qq

Please Login to Remove!

Fetion(from China Mobile) and QQ(from Tecent) are two very popular software in China. Does anyone know how to make them work on BB8900 with Tmobile service? Any help is appreciated!!
Offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (9520 / MF231)

What are they, what do they do?
Offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Model: 9700
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 106
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Both of them are IM software, like live messenger. However they are targeted in users in China.

Tecent QQ: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tencent_QQ: most popular IM used in China. Almost everyone who goes to internet has one.

Tetion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetion: the good thing about it is that it can send and receive SMS from all cell phone in China.

I have both of them installed in my BB8900, it works well when I was in China and using China mobile SIM card, with APN set to cmnet. However when I use Tmobile service in USA, with APN set to epc.tmobile.com, neither of them is able to login in.

I wish to find a way to use these two in my bb8900 with Tmobile service so I can keep in touch in my friends in China.
Offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 09:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Everett WA
Model: 4
OS: iOS4
PIN: Whats a pin? lol
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 582
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fei2010 View Post
Both of them are IM software, like live messenger. However they are targeted in users in China.

Tecent QQ: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tencent_QQ: most popular IM used in China. Almost everyone who goes to internet has one.

Tetion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetion: the good thing about it is that it can send and receive SMS from all cell phone in China.

I have both of them installed in my BB8900, it works well when I was in China and using China mobile SIM card, with APN set to cmnet. However when I use Tmobile service in USA, with APN set to epc.tmobile.com, neither of them is able to login in.

I wish to find a way to use these two in my bb8900 with Tmobile service so I can keep in touch in my friends in China.
Im sure its blocked outside of china. They dont call it the great firewall of china for shits n giggles lol
Offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Model: 9700
Carrier: TMobile
Posts: 106
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I knew great firewall, but for this I don't think so. For one thing, I can use them without any problem for their client software in desktop/laptop.
Offline  
Old 08-22-2010, 02:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: NO
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fei2010 View Post
Fetion(from China Mobile) and QQ(from Tecent) are two very popular software in China. Does anyone know how to make them work on BB8900 with Tmobile service? Any help is appreciated!!
I got the same problem yesterday and just get it done. Actually it is very simple.

Make sure you are already Running BlackBerryOS 3.8 or later. If not, please upgrade to BlackBerryOS 4.0. If you are using a 7100/7290 user you are already ready. If you are a 7230/7730 user, you must download and install BlackBerryOS 4.0 first.

T-Mobile now needs to configure their BlackBerry:
Tools->APN (or Options->APN)
•APN: wap.voicestream.com
•Username: Your T-Mobile Username
•Password: Your T-Mobile Password

Then you must reboot your BlackBerry. The above instructions are derived from the updated version of:
•Configuring Internet On BlackBerry - WAP/APN/Gateway Settings
You can now run Internet (TCP/IP) software on BlackBerry nowadays! No BES/MDS needed anymore! You can now do chat software, AIM, ICQ, MSN, IRC, telnet/ssh, web browsing, etc, on many carriers now.
If all the above fails, even after you reboot, call your T-Mobile representative and get "wap.voicestream.com" added. It should now be a relatively simple procedure, now that a memo has been distributed to all T-Mobile Sales employees, that the Internet feature now exists on BlackBerry. Most BlackBerry accounts should automatically be upgraded. However, if you have not called T-Mobile after February 11th, 2005, please call T-Mobile again and ask them to get "wap.voicestream.com" Internet Access Point name added to your account.
Offline  
Old 08-22-2010, 10:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Everett WA
Model: 4
OS: iOS4
PIN: Whats a pin? lol
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 582
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhua0102 View Post

T-Mobile now needs to configure their BlackBerry:
Tools->APN (or Options->APN)
•APN: wap.voicestream.com
•Username: Your T-Mobile Username
•Password: Your T-Mobile Password
No BES/MDS needed anymore! You can now do chat software, AIM, ICQ, MSN, IRC, telnet/ssh, web browsing, etc, on many carriers now.
If all the above fails, even after you reboot, call your T-Mobile representative and get "wap.voicestream.com" added. It should now be a relatively simple procedure, now that a memo has been distributed to all T-Mobile Sales employees, that the Internet feature now exists on BlackBerry. Most BlackBerry accounts should automatically be upgraded. However, if you have not called T-Mobile after February 11th, 2005, please call T-Mobile again and ask them to get "wap.voicestream.com" Internet Access Point name added to your account.
So full of FAIL
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright © 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.