BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 46
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Question about the bold

Please Login to Remove!

Do you guys think the bold will come to verizon? I say this because if verizon does end up getting the thunder as an exclusive I would think they may not get the bold. Id rather have a bold than a thunder though.
Offline  
Old 05-13-2008, 08:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Moved to 9000 forum.
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 05-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Model: WP7
OS: The Best
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,930
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Neptune117 View Post
Do you guys think the bold will come to verizon? I say this because if verizon does end up getting the thunder as an exclusive I would think they may not get the bold. Id rather have a bold than a thunder though.
In my best Kosh impression, "yes"
Offline  
Old 05-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 346
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Pretty much a yes. RIM makes CDMA version it just takes a lot longer.
Offline  
Old 05-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry Master
 
djm2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 4,637
Post Thanks: 29
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted

The bigger question is When.
__________________
Uncertainty. Something you can count on.
Offline  
Old 05-13-2008, 09:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 46
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCMD View Post
Pretty much a yes. RIM makes CDMA version it just takes a lot longer.
How much is a lot longer
Offline  
Old 05-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 46
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

this is gonna suck if I have to wait another 6 months for this too come out on verizon...
Offline  
Old 05-14-2008, 08:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Model: WP7
OS: The Best
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,930
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Neptune117 View Post
this is gonna suck if I have to wait another 6 months for this too come out on verizon...
Longer then that. It will be a few months before it comes out for ATT. Don't expect it any earlier then spring 09 for Verizon.
Offline  
Old 05-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 46
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Longer then that. It will be a few months before it comes out for ATT. Don't expect it any earlier then spring 09 for Verizon.
WOW this sucks. Verizon better get thad thunder.
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 03:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
greggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 3,762
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The Thunder is yours, it is official. Sounds like an interesting device.

I know this sounds like blasphemy but you could migrate over to AT&T to get the bold.
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 46
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
The Thunder is yours, it is official. Sounds like an interesting device.

I know this sounds like blasphemy but you could migrate over to AT&T to get the bold.
Honestly, I would easily switch to AT&T. But, im only 17 and still live with parents. Im afraid to ask them because they will just complain about how I wanna switch over because of a piece of technology.
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NJ
Model: WP7
OS: The Best
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 1,930
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Neptune117 View Post
Honestly, I would easily switch to AT&T. But, im only 17 and still live with parents. Im afraid to ask them because they will just complain about how I wanna switch over because of a piece of technology.
Just curious, what feature of the 9000 are you looking for that the 8130 doesn't have. The big reason for a lot of people is the 3G radio, but you already have EVDO with Verizon. You could always get the Curve to hold you over, its a pretty good unit.
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 09:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 46
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Just curious, what feature of the 9000 are you looking for that the 8130 doesn't have. The big reason for a lot of people is the 3G radio, but you already have EVDO with Verizon. You could always get the Curve to hold you over, its a pretty good unit.
Ok well I want the bold pretty bad because of the display it has, it overall looks, and many more. I just dont want to have the curve now that ive seen he bold. its hard to explain. Is the curve pretty good im still considering it?
Offline  
Old 05-15-2008, 09:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Baton Rouge
Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 77
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well sorry VZ I hated to jump ship but I did it today. I am back on the Light side. Now I am waiting not patiently for the Bold to come to a AT&T store near you. Long live the Bold!!!!!!!!

Last edited by davidlw : 05-15-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 346
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I really find the 1GB of internal encrypted storage to be a real bonus. Now you can receive those nice MS Office attachments, use apps like Vigo to store your RSS feeds without hogging up the little RAM you had. Put a bunch of movies and music etc. on you 16GB storage card(s) and off you go on your trip around the world.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.