BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 05:38 AM   #161 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
pongee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Shah Alam, Malaysia
Model: Bold
PIN: 2559B117
Carrier: Maxis
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (7100g)

AFAIK you can only get them directly from the celco's which means Maxis centres or Blue Cubes. I would try and give them a call to determine availibity, though given the experience we've had on this board YMMV. Good luck.

Cheers,

P.
__________________
Sick of non-BB phones
Offline  
Old 10-02-2008, 08:27 AM   #162 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Model: Bold
OS: 4.6.0.162
Carrier: Celcom & Maxis
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tigers View Post
any one knows where I can get them locally. Don't really want to order from overseas. Want instant gratification! .
TIA
p.s browsed in Low Yat did not find anything for the BOLD. Not surprised lah. Blackberry is not mainstream consumer....yet.
Try soleenstrategies.com/products
Offline  
Old 10-02-2008, 08:42 AM   #163 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
pongee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Shah Alam, Malaysia
Model: Bold
PIN: 2559B117
Carrier: Maxis
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (7100g)

I believe they only the accessories.

Cheers,

P.
__________________
Sick of non-BB phones
Offline  
Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #164 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Model: BOLD
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Maxis=>Celcom
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s16ri View Post
Try soleenstrategies.com/products
They don't sell direct and I think I read somewhere that they are still negotiating with some local resellers. Hopefully they can chime in at let us know what has been firmed up. Hope I can hold on and maybe just order from Ebay or something
Offline  
Old 10-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #165 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Malaysia
Model: 9700
OS: V5.0.0743
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Maxis
Posts: 25
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tigers View Post
They don't sell direct and I think I read somewhere that they are still negotiating with some local resellers. Hopefully they can chime in at let us know what has been firmed up. Hope I can hold on and maybe just order from Ebay or something
Nothing locally, I just order my charging pod last week thru ebay... should be here next week or so I hope.

If you order original from Blackberry.com, they generally send from Singapore which will be here in 3 days. But most item wouldn't be available until mid Oct.
Offline  
Old 10-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #166 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Model: BOLD
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Maxis=>Celcom
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach-MY View Post
Nothing locally, I just order my charging pod last week thru ebay... should be here next week or so I hope.

If you order original from Blackberry.com, they generally send from Singapore which will be here in 3 days. But most item wouldn't be available until mid Oct.
Thanks for the heads up. The official blackberry prices are horrendously high. Which ebay seller did you order from?
Offline  
Old 10-03-2008, 12:33 AM   #167 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Malaysia
Model: 9700
OS: V5.0.0743
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Maxis
Posts: 25
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tigers View Post
Thanks for the heads up. The official blackberry prices are horrendously high. Which ebay seller did you order from?

myworld dot ebay dot com shopalmostfree
Offline  
Old 10-03-2008, 03:33 AM   #168 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
othernet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: KL
Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MOX
Posts: 54
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

OK, I upgraded to v 4.6.162. Took the plunge since v 4.6.147 wasn't that great with memory leaks and bad 3G connection. Only difference so far is the "Instant Messaging" folder, but with nothing new inside the folder.
Offline  
Old 10-03-2008, 03:40 AM   #169 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sri Petaling
Model: Bold
Carrier: Maxis
Posts: 36
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

anyone tried Garmin GPS on this device? I'm currently using Samsung Omnia and tempted to change to Bold. Any good reasons that can lure me over to the bandwagon? Though camera is obvious defeat. I would just like to know, is running Garmin good?
Offline  
Old 10-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #170 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Malaysia
Model: 9700
OS: V5.0.0743
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Maxis
Posts: 25
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnine View Post
anyone tried Garmin GPS on this device? I'm currently using Samsung Omnia and tempted to change to Bold. Any good reasons that can lure me over to the bandwagon? Though camera is obvious defeat. I would just like to know, is running Garmin good?
Tried Garmin, Garmin for BB is not the same as what you had with the Samsung WM mobile base device, on BB the maps is from garmin server and not stored on the device, and they currently does not support outside of north america. you can download garmin for trial but there is no map even when you get the satelite signal. And you will have to pay data wile you travel outside of Malaysia. Hope this help.
Offline  
Old 10-03-2008, 08:28 AM   #171 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sri Petaling
Model: Bold
Carrier: Maxis
Posts: 36
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach-MY View Post
Tried Garmin, Garmin for BB is not the same as what you had with the Samsung WM mobile base device, on BB the maps is from garmin server and not stored on the device, and they currently does not support outside of north america. you can download garmin for trial but there is no map even when you get the satelite signal. And you will have to pay data wile you travel outside of Malaysia. Hope this help.
does this mean that this is not suitable for me? meaning Garmin can't be use. Is there any "way" I can get GPS into the Bold? The looks really kills...but I'm still stuck with the Omnia...really having sleepless night thinking bout it...
Offline  
Old 10-03-2008, 08:33 AM   #172 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Malaysia
Model: 9700
OS: V5.0.0743
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Maxis
Posts: 25
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnine View Post
does this mean that this is not suitable for me? meaning Garmin can't be use. Is there any "way" I can get GPS into the Bold? The looks really kills...but I'm still stuck with the Omnia...really having sleepless night thinking bout it...
The GPS is build in, you can use google map, but it wouldn't route for you in Malaysia.

I had a separate Garmin Nuvi ...
Offline  
Old 10-03-2008, 08:35 AM   #173 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
pongee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Shah Alam, Malaysia
Model: Bold
PIN: 2559B117
Carrier: Maxis
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (7100g)

The device comes preloaded with BB Maps. Only thing is the maps aren't the most up-to-date. And you will incur data usage as the maps are on-line.

Cheers,

P.
__________________
Sick of non-BB phones
Offline  
Old 10-03-2008, 09:44 PM   #174 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sri Petaling
Model: Bold
Carrier: Maxis
Posts: 36
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i'm looking for Cr**K for the garmin...haha...sorry if that is not permitted to say here as well...sorry sorry...just trying my luck...
Offline  
Old 10-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #175 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Malaysia
Model: Bold
Carrier: Celcom & Maxis
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tigers View Post
They don't sell direct and I think I read somewhere that they are still negotiating with some local resellers. Hopefully they can chime in at let us know what has been firmed up. Hope I can hold on and maybe just order from Ebay or something
Hi there,

A range of original BlackBerry accessories will be available at selected Blue Cube outlets in the next few weeks. We have no control over what they choose to carry but please make your requirements known to them so they will be persuaded to order. We will of course give our advise as to what products we think will be in demand.

We are also exploring other retail options and hope to put them into effect soon

Baha
Offline  
Old 10-05-2008, 03:37 AM   #176 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: BOLD
OS: 4.6
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Maxis
Posts: 72
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnine View Post
does this mean that this is not suitable for me? meaning Garmin can't be use. Is there any "way" I can get GPS into the Bold? The looks really kills...but I'm still stuck with the Omnia...really having sleepless night thinking bout it...

When I had my Curve 6 months ago, I had the Nav4All installed on it. It was a great GPS application and their maps are updated twiced yearly. At the time, it was free until 2010. I am not sure if they have it for Bold, but you can try, I guess...

I just found the GPS not relevant for me living in a small country like Malaysia...I mean, how difficult can it POSSIBLY be to find a street or place in this country..??

I am also a Singapore PR, so I am pretty alright with the roads there, so there is not really a need for GPS for me.....

for me..

Give the Nav4All a shot and let us know how it goes..

cheers
Offline  
Old 10-05-2008, 04:11 AM   #177 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
othernet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: KL
Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MOX
Posts: 54
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I find Google Maps much better and faster than BB Maps. The GPS lock on is also significantly faster!
Offline  
Old 10-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #178 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Model: Storm
OS: 4.7.0.87
PIN: 20CCA68A
Carrier: Maxis
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi all proud BB or BB Bold owners! Let's build Malaysia's first BB (or BB Bold) community by listing your names and pin exchange here for a start (or maybe a BB/BBB gathering in the future). Wanna?
Offline  
Old 10-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #179 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ampunk, KL, Malaysia
Model: 9K
OS: .221
PIN: 25587317
Carrier: Celcom MY
Posts: 32
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrizal View Post
Hi all proud BB or BB Bold owners! Let's build Malaysia's first BB (or BB Bold) community by listing your names and pin exchange here for a start (or maybe a BB/BBB gathering in the future). Wanna?
Yep aggreed with Azrizal idea! We are should be a pioneer community on the Bold BB.

Put me first..!

Name : Ikurtmal
PIN: 25587317


BOLDicted!
Offline  
Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #180 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Celcom
Posts: 58
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminati View Post
Hi there,

A range of original BlackBerry accessories will be available at selected Blue Cube outlets in the next few weeks. We have no control over what they choose to carry but please make your requirements known to them so they will be persuaded to order. We will of course give our advise as to what products we think will be in demand.

We are also exploring other retail options and hope to put them into effect soon

Baha
that's good to know... the only accessory that i think I need for the Bold is the charging dock and maybe an extra travel adaptor... perhaps one of those nifty rechargeable chargers would be useful too so I don't need to worry about the constantly draining battery life!! haha...
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

10PCS VINTAGE GE V130LA10A MOV METAL OXIDE VARISTOR
$18.95
10PCS VINTAGE GE V130LA10A MOV METAL OXIDE VARISTOR picture4PCS VINTAGE 2N1303 GERMANIUM NPN TRANSISTOR TEXAS INST.
$9.95
4PCS VINTAGE 2N1303 GERMANIUM NPN TRANSISTOR TEXAS INST. picture4PCS VINTAGE CRL CERAMIC STANDOFFS NL523W02-006 3/4''L 1/2''O.D. 8-32
$12.95
4PCS VINTAGE CRL CERAMIC STANDOFFS  NL523W02-006 3/4''L  1/2''O.D. 8-32 pictureVintage MAHOGANY VENEER Trim strips, Weldwood, 1" x 136 ft
$7.95
Vintage MAHOGANY VENEER Trim strips, Weldwood, 1VDO REPLICA SPEEDOMETER FOR VINTAGE CLASSIC BMW R25 R27 R69 R71 R72 MOTORCYCLE
$45.0
VDO REPLICA SPEEDOMETER FOR VINTAGE CLASSIC BMW R25 R27 R69 R71 R72 MOTORCYCLE picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.