BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/)
-   -   What are the odds of the BOLD in LESS then 30 days? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/139458-what-odds-bold-less-then-30-days.html)

MisterEd 07-10-2008 04:31 PM

What are the odds of the BOLD in LESS then 30 days?
 
For AT&T - So I can buy an iPhone to play with and return it for the Bold within my 30 day return window if I don't like it? :)

Spamdumpster 07-10-2008 04:35 PM

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night that there's a 63.27643 percent chance the Bold will be out within 30 days.

Scooters 07-10-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spamdumpster (Post 1010182)
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night that there's a 63.27643 percent chance the Bold will be out within 30 days.

Naw, you got it all wrong. My dog's groomers' brother-in-law has a friend who works with someone whose wife is having an affiar with a guy who knows someone at RIM. He says that the chances are 37.43634%. Of course the groomer likes the IPhone, so she may have fudged the numbers a bit.

BBSwany 07-10-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spamdumpster (Post 1010182)
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night that there's a 63.27643 percent chance the Bold will be out within 30 days.

LOL! Nice little Ferris Bueller quote! :smile:

Mister Ed, read this post: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ms-please.html

Sith_Apprentice 07-10-2008 04:53 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 4.6.0.67)

For what carrier? Tmo Germany will have it in 11 days, 15 for Rogers, 30ish for ATT

MisterEd 07-10-2008 04:59 PM

AT&T :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 1010219)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 4.6.0.67)

For what carrier? Tmo Germany will have it in 11 days, 15 for Rogers, 30ish for ATT


MisterEd 07-10-2008 05:01 PM

Thanks, I read the post. But I don't see any odds posted there. ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbswany (Post 1010192)
LOL! Nice little Ferris Bueller quote! :smile:

Mister Ed, read this post: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ms-please.html


Skeets 07-10-2008 05:05 PM

100%

Sith_Apprentice 07-10-2008 05:13 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 4.6.0.67)

Tmo Germany, from internal sources is July 21. Rogers from internal sources July 25. Based on info that's come across my desk, ATT usually trains 2 weeks out on devices, so sometime around end of first week in August they will have it. Give or take 10 days

guinda35 07-10-2008 05:37 PM

I'd say you odds are about even that you'll be able to return your iphone within 30 days and replace it with a Bold.

howdya like those odds?

Spamdumpster 07-10-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterEd (Post 1010172)
For AT&T - So I can buy an iPhone to play with and return it for the Bold within my 30 day return window if I don't like it? :)

Is there a restocking fee for the new iPhone? You could always return it, and then buy a new one, to get a new 30-day period in which to return the iPhone. Frankly, I've always been surprised that people don't do this more often -- a quick trip to the AT&T store could, in theory, allow you to have a device that you could always return and upgrade for a new model.

The BlackBerry Kid 07-10-2008 06:13 PM

slim to none

JG in SB 07-10-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spamdumpster (Post 1010288)
Is there a restocking fee for the new iPhone? You could always return it, and then buy a new one, to get a new 30-day period in which to return the iPhone. Frankly, I've always been surprised that people don't do this more often -- a quick trip to the AT&T store could, in theory, allow you to have a device that you could always return and upgrade for a new model.

I'm sorry. Maybe I will get flack for this, but IMHO this is just blatant abuse of a very good return policy. This sort of thing, if it happens enough, would force AT&T to have to come up with a stricter policy that would ultimately hurt everyone, especially those who have a legitimate reason to make a return.

If you have done your product research, and you think an iPhone is for you, then you should go ahead and buy one regardless of when the BlackBerry Bold is supposed to be released. If, after you have had a chance to work with your iPhone for a while, you determine that there are issues with it that you really can't live with, then there is nothing wrong with returning it. That is a perfectly legitimate reason to return it and get something else.

But don't go and get an iPhone, with the premeditated intent of returning it, repurchasing another, and then potentially returning that one for a Bold when it comes out, just so that you have something to "play with" while you wait for the Bold. It seems like an adult should be able to wait 30 days for the "toy" they actually want, without having to have some brand new substitute toy to play with in the meantime.

I am not as "surprised" as Spamdumpster (quoted above) that "people don't do this more often". Most people would think this was wrong, or at a minimum "questionable" behavior. Without question, it would be abusing a great retun policy that AT&T offers in good faith to consumers. It only works in the long term if consumers use it in good faith.

Battery 07-10-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spamdumpster (Post 1010288)
Is there a restocking fee for the new iPhone? You could always return it, and then buy a new one, to get a new 30-day period in which to return the iPhone. Frankly, I've always been surprised that people don't do this more often -- a quick trip to the AT&T store could, in theory, allow you to have a device that you could always return and upgrade for a new model.

I'm sure somewhere in the fine print this is dealt with.

itladyee 07-10-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battery (Post 1010374)
I'm sure somewhere in the fine print this is dealt with.

From my experience ...you can't do it. The 30 days is purchasing period. So if you returned a phone in 10 days for a different phone, you will have 20 more days to evaluate that phone. Then you are done.

pilot1 07-10-2008 07:22 PM

It is different for the iPhone. Ther is only 14 days to return it at both AT&T stores and Apple stores. There is also a 10% restocking fee. This is an agreement that Apple insisted upon. If you have a defective phome you still have a 30 day exchange period for the same phone. Hope this helps.

MisterEd 07-10-2008 07:25 PM

Only 1 exchange permitted.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spamdumpster (Post 1010288)
Is there a restocking fee for the new iPhone? You could always return it, and then buy a new one, to get a new 30-day period in which to return the iPhone. Frankly, I've always been surprised that people don't do this more often -- a quick trip to the AT&T store could, in theory, allow you to have a device that you could always return and upgrade for a new model.


MisterEd 07-10-2008 07:26 PM

The Iphone 3G has 30 day return and no restocking fee. What you say was correct for the original iPhone.
Quote:

Originally Posted by pilot1 (Post 1010445)
It is different for the iPhone. Ther is only 14 days to return it at both AT&T stores and Apple stores. There is also a 10% restocking fee. This is an agreement that Apple insisted upon. If you have a defective phome you still have a 30 day exchange period for the same phone. Hope this helps.


MisterEd 07-10-2008 07:31 PM

It's also on Apple's and AT&T's site if you dig deep enough:
AT&T iPhone 3G Policy Memo to Retail Managers MikeKochansky.com


Quote:

Originally Posted by pilot1 (Post 1010445)
It is different for the iPhone. Ther is only 14 days to return it at both AT&T stores and Apple stores. There is also a 10% restocking fee. This is an agreement that Apple insisted upon. If you have a defective phome you still have a 30 day exchange period for the same phone. Hope this helps.


MisterEd 07-10-2008 07:39 PM

I agree 100% with what you say. The iPhone seems so "cool" I want to give it a fair shot but I will find it very hard to give up the BB email and keyboard. I figured if I waited till the BOLD came out it would KILL the resale value of my unlocked 8310 so I put it up on eBay for $300 w/shipping "buy it now" price and it sold in 4 days so I'm itchin' for something new.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JG in SB (Post 1010365)
I'm sorry. Maybe I will get flack for this, but IMHO this is just blatant abuse of a very good return policy. This sort of thing, if it happens enough, would force AT&T to have to come up with a stricter policy that would ultimately hurt everyone, especially those who have a legitimate reason to make a return.

If you have done your product research, and you think an iPhone is for you, then you should go ahead and buy one regardless of when the BlackBerry Bold is supposed to be released. If, after you have had a chance to work with your iPhone for a while, you determine that there are issues with it that you really can't live with, then there is nothing wrong with returning it. That is a perfectly legitimate reason to return it and get something else.

But don't go and get an iPhone, with the premeditated intent of returning it, repurchasing another, and then potentially returning that one for a Bold when it comes out, just so that you have something to "play with" while you wait for the Bold. It seems like an adult should be able to wait 30 days for the "toy" they actually want, without having to have some brand new substitute toy to play with in the meantime.

I am not as "surprised" as Spamdumpster (quoted above) that "people don't do this more often". Most people would think this was wrong, or at a minimum "questionable" behavior. Without question, it would be abusing a great retun policy that AT&T offers in good faith to consumers. It only works in the long term if consumers use it in good faith.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.