10-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Join Date: Sep 2007
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had similar problems for weeks.
I use lotus notes. So after 1 week of frustrating wait at 11%, here is what i did
1. Take backup of everything
2. Wipe handset clean
3. Delete all entries in contacts and groups on local address copy
4. Open the server email file, press shift/cntrl, click view, go-to, $contacts and delete everything.
5. Above steps are to ensure that the address book is clean so any issues with it do not hamper progress of the Enterprise activation
6. Bingo.... my Enterprise activation moved ahead of 11%
7. The problem is still not solved though.... as of now, it shows 56% complete, but all the services show complete, except Time Zones show initializing.
8. I have waited for 60hrs, but no luck. I did search on blackberry support, but this is a know problem and the solution is to move to Blackbery Enterprise Server 4.0 service pack 7, I checked with my IT and they confirmed that we use 4.1.4 , so the problem is somewhere else ......
9. Fortunately my email receive/send, calendar sync, address book sync works just fine... So , i do not want to tinker around the device any more...
Can someone help me understand what is the implications of the Time Zones service not completed ?