Cant Connect with WiFi
I have not been able to connect to my wireless network.
Heres what ive done:
- Made sure WiFi was turned on.
- Click on Set Up WiFi Network
- Scan for networks and find mine.
- For the Pre-Shared Key i enter my password and hit connect
- It tries to connect for 10 seconds or so and then it comes up with this error:
Reason: Failed to authenticate against the network.
Im sure the password is correct, is there any other things I should be trying?
I would try disabling security on your router and see if you can connect to it then...That would narrow down whether it's your security or some other setting.
I changed my network settings from WPA2 to WPA and now it works.
Thanks for your help!
I had the same "failed to authenticate" error. I went into the administration mode with my router at the desk station, and used the "push button" connect option to add the device, and it worked.
I am having the same issue with my router. I am running WEP, I will try WPA. But what is "push button"? I take it part of the router set up. But what did you do with the BB?
Ant one got BB maps working. Tried to down load it, but the site says the Bold is not compatible, and in UK Phones4u called the BB help desk and they said it's not yet compatible with the bold. I wasn't impressed.:?
While that outgoing signal from the router is "live" (you'll probably see a countdown ticking down on your desk station), on the Bold, go to:
- Manage Connections
- Set up Wi-Fi Connection
- Push Button Set up
The router and the Bold will then have a little conversation, and they should connect up.
Found a couple of things out thanks to this thread.
1. The push method as described by Ivc worked and this sets up the phone to the router.
2. WEP wasn't the issue with my BB, it was the fact that the network was not "visible", Which was a surprise as my wifes Iphone, our PS3, our Wii all connect easily to a hidden network.
3. The Bold is slow on Wifi and 3g. And compared to my wifes iphone very slow. A huge disappointment. So I have taken mine back to store.
4. The setting up of a BB in the UK is not good. Not good at all when you consider the status the BB name has.
Thanks for the info though.
Glad it worked for you.
Sorry to hear that the speeds aren't what they should be over there. I've got both an iPhone 3G and a Bold, and when I hooked up the Bold to my Wi-Fi network for the first time yesterday, the web browsing speeds seemed quite comparable to what I'm experiencing on my iPhone. But I haven't done any sort of a side-by-side comparison.
My perspective on browsing speed is that if it seems to be happening fast enough not to annoy me, I'm a happy camper.
I have a strange phenomena. I can log in on the wireless guest network at work but the wireless home network I get no IP-address...
Will contact BB to see what they say.
At work I use an "Aruba Wireless" environment (this I am able to connect) and at home a Dl-615+ wireless broadband access router.
In the meantime I also assigned a fixed IP to the Bold.... still does not connect.
I need a devine input:?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.