BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 10:03 PM   #81 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
jeremy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: US
Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 276
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
Jeremy, I followed your instructions, but whilst installing my device didn't reboot once, let alone twice, it also failed to say 'waiting for initialization' etc..

But when I go to 'about' on the device now, it shows 4.6.0.147.

Is this normal, and do you think I have installed and updated correctly, based upon the device showing version 147 in the about section?
Hello Chris,

It sounds as though you had 4.6.0.147 already loaded on the device; perhaps a pre-release version. If that is the case, there is no update available to you as of yet since 4.6.0.147 is the latest official release for the Bold.

So, yes, if About shows that your device has 4.6.0.147, you're good to go.. at least until another release happens.
Offline  
Old 10-07-2008, 08:16 AM   #82 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Brooklyn NY
Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsmovies View Post
Now it makes sense. I'm not sure which OS you're running though? Are you on the latest in the wild .162 or the latest officially released .147?
i am running .147. Now it gets better i get into my car and wow i am surprised nothing happens i think great bug is gone. but just before i get home the phone stars the reboot process again. i am thinking of reinstalling .147 again what do you think.
Offline  
Old 10-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #83 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
carsmovies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: GTA, Canada
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.190
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 684
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarway View Post
i am running .147. Now it gets better i get into my car and wow i am surprised nothing happens i think great bug is gone. but just before i get home the phone stars the reboot process again. i am thinking of reinstalling .147 again what do you think.
Why don't you install .162?
Offline  
Old 10-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #84 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Posts: 31
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
Hello Chris,

It sounds as though you had 4.6.0.147 already loaded on the device; perhaps a pre-release version. If that is the case, there is no update available to you as of yet since 4.6.0.147 is the latest official release for the Bold.

So, yes, if About shows that your device has 4.6.0.147, you're good to go.. at least until another release happens.
Ahhh ok, well thank you for your help with that anyway.

Regards,

Chris.
Offline  
Old 10-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #85 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Brooklyn NY
Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsmovies View Post
Why don't you install .162?
i did not see .162 but i will get it.

Last edited by John Clark : 10-08-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Offline  
Old 10-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #86 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York City
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 85
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Blackberry OS .147

Just downloaded the new OS .147 to my Bold (previously had the .125 version that came with Rogers). Thanks for such clear and easy to follow instructions, Jeremy!
Offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #87 (permalink)
New Member
 
TheBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers eh.
Posts: 6
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Anyone notice any significant differences between the 125 / 147 / 268

I just went from 147 to 268 and I find that my Garmin software now takes forever to find satelites..
Offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #88 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dubai
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Etisalat
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I followed the instructions and tried different variations but it never says there is a device to update when I connect the Bold. Any other suggestions for what I can try?
__________________
Managing Editor Shufflegazine Apple Lifestyle Magazine
Offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #89 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
carsmovies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: GTA, Canada
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.190
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 684
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shufflegazine View Post
I followed the instructions and tried different variations but it never says there is a device to update when I connect the Bold. Any other suggestions for what I can try?
Can you be more specific.
Offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #90 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dubai
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Etisalat
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsmovies View Post
Can you be more specific.
Okay, I follow the instructions but I never get prompt "to upgrade".
__________________
Managing Editor Shufflegazine Apple Lifestyle Magazine
Offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #91 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
carsmovies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: GTA, Canada
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.190
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 684
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shufflegazine View Post
Okay, I follow the instructions but I never get prompt "to upgrade".

So you have DTM 4.6 installed? You have downloaded the updated OS and installed it on your PC? You have then deleted the vendor file? You have then opened up DTM and connected your bold to your PC? DTM then doesn't offer for you to upgrade?
Offline  
Old 10-11-2008, 05:55 AM   #92 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: mts russia
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i've a question: if my device is unlocked, will i need to unlock it again after i install the upgrade? and would it be nessescary to do smth esle to make it work properly in my network again?
And what about the russian language support in this version? is it included?
thanks. my best regards.
Offline  
Old 10-11-2008, 06:12 AM   #93 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pakistan
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Mobilink
Posts: 280
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Once unlocked, also remain unlocked.

So it will work on your network after the upgrade. Moreover u don't have to do something else even. Don't worry.

I upgraded my Bold 4 times after unlocking and never had any problem.
__________________
Asif Chaudhary
Pakistan
Offline  
Old 10-11-2008, 06:33 AM   #94 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: mts russia
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

thanks, and what about russian in the update?
Offline  
Old 10-31-2008, 10:22 AM   #95 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dubai
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Etisalat
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsmovies View Post
So you have DTM 4.6 installed? You have downloaded the updated OS and installed it on your PC? You have then deleted the vendor file? You have then opened up DTM and connected your bold to your PC? DTM then doesn't offer for you to upgrade?
Yes on all accounts.
__________________
Managing Editor Shufflegazine Apple Lifestyle Magazine
Offline  
Old 11-03-2008, 08:52 PM   #96 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: dtac
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default about blackberry curve

I have blackberry curve 8310 and is it possible to have thai language in my blackberry.

Thank you in advance
Offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 09:46 AM   #97 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What's the latest OS upgrade now for the BOLD in the US? I just recently got a Bold and it froze up for the first time yesterday so wanted to make sure it had the latest OS, I have the v4.6.0.167 (platform 4.0.0.157). I am a new BB user so I do not know where you find the latest upgrades or how to install them exactly? Please let me know of anything to ensure I know how to upgrade if needed.

Thanks
Offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #98 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
carsmovies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: GTA, Canada
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.190
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 684
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganimal View Post
What's the latest OS upgrade now for the BOLD in the US? I just recently got a Bold and it froze up for the first time yesterday so wanted to make sure it had the latest OS, I have the v4.6.0.167 (platform 4.0.0.157). I am a new BB user so I do not know where you find the latest upgrades or how to install them exactly? Please let me know of anything to ensure I know how to upgrade if needed.

Thanks
167 is the latest official carrier released os. There is 168 leaked beta out in the wild.
Offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 04:48 AM   #99 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

is there a US version ? kinda new to blackberry i just got a blackberry bold and it randomly resets so i was told i should get a new firmware....how do i download a new firmware
Offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #100 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
carsmovies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: GTA, Canada
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.190
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 684
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndragon684 View Post
is there a US version ? kinda new to blackberry i just got a blackberry bold and it randomly resets so i was told i should get a new firmware....how do i download a new firmware
Well first off you are in a old thread that has a link to old firmware. The latest officially released OS is applications 190. Look for that thread at the top and download it. There are always instructions on how to upgrade.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.