BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/)
-   -   HTML email View for BIS users (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/151649-html-email-view-bis-users.html)

akc786 09-24-2008 05:39 AM

HTML email View for BIS users
 
Hello everyone,

Blackberry service provider Mobilink in Pakistan installed BIS v. 2.5 in July and told us that customers can view HTML emails with Devices running on ver.4.5 but since then we (BIS users) are unable to get HTML view.

We contacted Mobilink and they told us that "RIM has told them that for the time being it's only available to BES users and will be available for BIS users".

Guys, please tell me is it true? or the service provider Mobilink is bullshitting with us?

Any users with BIS getting HTML emails on their BB around the world.

Please post yours response, so that I can show this thread to Mobilink and ask them what's going on?

akc786 09-24-2008 05:55 AM

Help me out:::: Guys
 
All the Guru's of BB are requested to help me on this isssue!!

Waiting for your response ....

Friedchicken 09-24-2008 06:33 AM

I'm using BB9000 with KPN NL Provider with a BIS account. I'm receiving HTML e-mails with my BB. No problem @ all

Having the same problem/issue --> http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ssage-box.html

akc786 09-24-2008 06:41 AM

Thanks for your feedback.

Please Guys give me your feedback. I want to show Mobilink that it's working all around.

kashifriaz 09-24-2008 06:47 AM

HTML email view
 
No,my service provider hasnot upgraded HTML view yet in saudia somehow u can check this upgrade from RIM,some are getting view

the link is:

na.blackberry.com/eng/services/devices/#tab_ddetail_subtab_compatibility

wingrider78 09-24-2008 07:41 AM

Wirelessly posted (8320 Titanium)

I'm on BIS with Tmo US and I get html email no problems.

akc786 09-24-2008 08:55 AM

Thanks Wingrider for your feedback.

Guys I want more feedbacks to show to our service provider, so that they can't blame RIM for this issue.

Waiting for your feedback .........

JSanders 09-24-2008 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akc786 (Post 1112240)
All the Guru's of BB are requested to help me on this isssue!!

Waiting for your response ....

Sorry, the Gurus don't awaken and begin to post until after 10:00 am Eastern time, after a complete massage, healthy breakfast and one hour of yoga on the eastern loggia.

Until then, you might want to review this thread
http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...lackberry.html
for
1) complete step-by-step instructions on enabling HTML (for instance, have you deleted and resent your service books to the handheld device so that the new BIS 2.5 HTML-enabled Service Books will be loaded to your OS 4.5-loaded BlackBerry?); and
2) you will find there a wealth of feedback and posts indicating that it works, for your need to show your provider.

Good luck. The Gurus will be around shortly.

akc786 09-24-2008 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1112429)
Sorry, the Gurus don't awaken and begin to post until after 10:00 am Eastern time, after a complete massage, healthy breakfast and one hour of yoga on the eastern loggia.

Until then, you might want to review this thread
http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...lackberry.html
for
1) complete step-by-step instructions on enabling HTML (for instance, have you deleted and resent your service books to the handheld device so that the new BIS 2.5 HTML-enabled Service Books will be loaded to your OS 4.5-loaded BlackBerry?); and
2) you will find there a wealth of feedback and posts indicating that it works, for your need to show your provider.

Good luck. The Gurus will be around shortly.

Thanks for your feedback. I did review the thread you told, did everything as told but no luck. Even spent 2hours with IT department of service provider Mobilink but no luck. All they says that it's only been provided to BES users. It's working here for BES users. But BIS users, I mean all BIS users in Pakistan, are not getting it.

Jsander can you confirm the HTML email view for BIS users in your area?

JSanders 09-24-2008 09:17 AM

Yes, all across the North America, Asia Pacific and European regions.

There could be, however, some carriers that do not have it enabled. I would advise you to call your carrier and ask for a transfer to the RIM-techs. Do not call RIM direct as you will be charged for a direct support call.

akc786 09-24-2008 10:14 AM

Wirelessly posted

Waiting for BB Guru's feedback and confirmation

penguin3107 09-24-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akc786 (Post 1112521)
Wirelessly posted

Waiting for BB Guru's feedback and confirmation

Are you serious?

akc786 09-24-2008 10:27 AM

Wirelessly posted

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin3107
Quote:

Originally Posted by akc786 (Post 1112521)
Wirelessly posted

Waiting for BB Guru's feedback and confirmation

Are you serious?

Yes. I'm serious about your feedback & confirmation of BIS getting html email view.

penguin3107 09-24-2008 10:31 AM

Jsanders already answered all of your questions.
Go back and read above.
There's no more "feedback" to offer.

akc786 09-24-2008 11:39 AM

Come on Guys from around the world using BIS and having html email views.

Please confirm whether you get it or not on BIS.

I have to show this thread to my service provider Mobilink and tell them that they are wrong.

ExtremeNeo2 09-30-2008 04:03 PM

I am using a BIS service in UK HTML emails work fine, it is not the BIS service that enables HTML emails it is the OS on the BlackBerry.

akc786 09-30-2008 04:12 PM

Wirelessly posted

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeNeo2
I am using a BIS service in UK HTML emails work fine, it is not the BIS service that enables HTML emails it is the OS on the BlackBerry.

ExtremeNeo

Thanks for your post.
I also know that it depends on OS. All I m asking is to confirm that BIS users around the world getting html view of emails or not.
As Mobilink says it's not working on BIS right now.

Medic48 10-02-2008 10:01 PM

akc786,

Your post has already been answered.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders
Yes, all across the North America, Asia Pacific and European regions.

There could be, however, some carriers that do not have it enabled. I would advise you to call your carrier and ask for a transfer to the RIM-techs. Do not call RIM direct as you will be charged for a direct support call.

That tells you right there what to do.

--Phil

JSanders 10-02-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeNeo2 (Post 1120444)
I am using a BIS service in UK HTML emails work fine, it is not the BIS service that enables HTML emails it is the OS on the BlackBerry.

Not true. BIS 2.5 had to be implemented by RIM in early July in order for HTML email to work COMBINED with OS 4.5.

It takes both.

deepaksingh 10-03-2008 06:55 AM

While we are on this topic, have all you guys (who are not on unlimited data plans) noted that the data charges and traffic has gone up very significantly after getting HTML email enabled. This was very painfully obvious when I was roaming recently. For this reason alone, I can understand if some operators want to delay implementation of the HTML emails until they have better data plans or are ready for the increased traffic.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.