Wirelessly posted (9000 Bold)
Originally Posted by Battery
I cant believe I'm making one of these posts.
My put her Bold in a serving tray with a cup of coffee, my daughter promptly dumped the coffee.
When my wife picked up the phone she accidentally hit a button and the phone worked. She quickly took the battery out and set it to dry... 20 minutes later she put the battery back in (AAAHHH) and now only a red light comes on.
This is when she called me.
I have told her to take the battery out and leave the phone.
I was thinking when I get home I will disassemble the phone and clean it up - does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?
On friday I received a Bold that had dropped in "a puddle". I took it completely apart with some rubber gloves and luckily the water was completely clean. I started going at it with compressed air and water was coming out of everywhere. The only thing I did not take off was the LCD from the main board. It looked like it was stuck on really well with double sided tape so I didn't bother. I had to go into the office on saturday evening so I decided to put it back together. The only thing I noticed was that the LCD backlight was not as bright as onmy own Bold.
If anything goes wrong with your BB's it's a good tip to use the TEST menu. Go into the "status" section and type "test" this will take you to a menu where you can test EVERY single aspect of the phone to confirm its 100%