BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2008, 04:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Mark View Post
Both are great devices. I think it comes down to whether or not you like touchscreens or actual keyboards. But if you plan on using the device through work, I would definitely say Blackberry. Their BES is untouchable to Apple.
BES is untouchable to really anyone...
Offline  
Old 10-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #22 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
conker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.210
PIN: 249E86E3
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 305
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It really comes down to whether or not the multimedia capabilities of the phone are not more important, but far more important to you then making phone calls and text communication.

If you make calls occasionally, email is something you check "occasionally", and text communication is something you do sporadically, and....
If you want your phone to be a fashion accessory, you plan on spending a lot of time listening to music on it, you love to watch YouTube videos, and you need a near desktop like web browsing experience at your fingertips at all times - then by all means, the iPhone is clearly the right phone for you.

However, the fact that you are even considering a Bold, and found this site, would indicate to me that you are a bit more savvy than the average iPhone user, and that the actual "smartphone" usage of the phone is important to you. In that case, definitely get a BB - Bold or otherwise.

Besides the points that have already been called out in this thread, here are some other advantages of BB devices that I simply cannot live without.

1. LED indicator. I just look at the light if I want to know a message is waiting for me (sms, email, phone vm, IM). This may seem minor, but compare that to what you have to do on an iPhone. You have to physically touch the phone, and do the slide unlock swipe.
2. As a consultant, I legitimately need to monitor 4 email boxes, and need to be able to send and receive "as" from all during the day. I don't think there is an efficient way to do this on the iPhone.
3. Profiles. I love how I can have different sound effects for my different email boxes. With a single tone, I know which email box received email. I don't even need to look or touch my phone. This extends to sms, IM and vm. In addition, it's incredibly easy to switch, configure and create profiles - Normal, Work, Sleep, Vibrate, Loud, Phne Only, etc.
4. Applications are applications. Some crucial applications like GMail, Remember The Milk and last time I checked JiveTalk are all browser based applications on the iPhone. They simply don't feel right and are not efficient. Of course, there are many applications on the iPhone that are true applications, but the 3 I mentioned above are crucial communication and productivity applications that I spend most of my time in.
5. Making a phone call from any application on the BB - Just hit the Green call button, and start typing the person's name and the phone screen will start bringing up people's name as efficiently as Google's search box. Below each name the screen will show each number type registered with the name (Home, Mobile, Work, etc.). Or, if you have assigned seed dial to someone, just hit the Red button, and then hold down the assigned speed dial button.
6. Keyboard Shortcuts - I can quickly navigate to any application with 1 key press, compose an email with one key press, etc.... As you can imagine, many efficient shortcuts with a physical keyboard.

I must admit, the iPhone is extremely attractive. It's the gorgeous blond at the bar that all the guys want to take home, and it's easy to get seduced by it/her. I was that guy before both iPhone launches, but after I played with my friends on both occasions, it became apparent that it's no better than a one night stand. A BlackBerry is like the girl you take home to meet your parents, and spend the rest of your life with.

-conker
Offline  
Old 10-18-2008, 11:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
BBFanboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Model: 9800
OS: 337
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 76
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conker View Post
...

I must admit, the iPhone is extremely attractive. It's the gorgeous blond at the bar that all the guys want to take home, and it's easy to get seduced by it/her. I was that guy before both iPhone launches, but after I played with my friends on both occasions, it became apparent that it's no better than a one night stand. A BlackBerry is like the girl you take home to meet your parents, and spend the rest of your life with.

-conker
Couldn't agree more. I think the iPhone is a great piece of tech, but as a business tool, it's really not there right now. The Blackberry does everything I need it to do today - not 'will be able to do someday...'. and it does it with style and sex appeal (which is still important).

But as you said at the beginning- it comes down to what is important to you.
__________________
The flame goes on..
Blackberry since 2004, Torch currently
Offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 12:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
JosieGrossie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada.
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.185
PIN: 208186D6.
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 23
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I made the mistake of upgrading from my Blackberry Curve to the iPhone. I had it for less than two weeks before selling it. I couldn't get used to the typing, it would take me forever to type out long messages. The quality of the actual phone was crap, my calls dropped all the time. I hate no visual indicator of whether or not I have a message. Constantly having to slide to unlock the phone and check was frustrating. I got so fed up with it that I sold it and got the Bold, which was an awesome decision because I LOVE it.

I suppose it all depends on what you're looking for in a phone, but I found out that I will never use anything other than a BlackBerry.

Last edited by JosieGrossie : 10-19-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.162
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 67
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conker View Post
It really comes down to whether or not the multimedia capabilities of the phone are not more important, but far more important to you then making phone calls and text communication.

If you make calls occasionally, email is something you check "occasionally", and text communication is something you do sporadically, and....
If you want your phone to be a fashion accessory, you plan on spending a lot of time listening to music on it, you love to watch YouTube videos, and you need a near desktop like web browsing experience at your fingertips at all times - then by all means, the iPhone is clearly the right phone for you.

However, the fact that you are even considering a Bold, and found this site, would indicate to me that you are a bit more savvy than the average iPhone user, and that the actual "smartphone" usage of the phone is important to you. In that case, definitely get a BB - Bold or otherwise.

Besides the points that have already been called out in this thread, here are some other advantages of BB devices that I simply cannot live without.

1. LED indicator. I just look at the light if I want to know a message is waiting for me (sms, email, phone vm, IM). This may seem minor, but compare that to what you have to do on an iPhone. You have to physically touch the phone, and do the slide unlock swipe.
2. As a consultant, I legitimately need to monitor 4 email boxes, and need to be able to send and receive "as" from all during the day. I don't think there is an efficient way to do this on the iPhone.
3. Profiles. I love how I can have different sound effects for my different email boxes. With a single tone, I know which email box received email. I don't even need to look or touch my phone. This extends to sms, IM and vm. In addition, it's incredibly easy to switch, configure and create profiles - Normal, Work, Sleep, Vibrate, Loud, Phne Only, etc.
4. Applications are applications. Some crucial applications like GMail, Remember The Milk and last time I checked JiveTalk are all browser based applications on the iPhone. They simply don't feel right and are not efficient. Of course, there are many applications on the iPhone that are true applications, but the 3 I mentioned above are crucial communication and productivity applications that I spend most of my time in.
5. Making a phone call from any application on the BB - Just hit the Green call button, and start typing the person's name and the phone screen will start bringing up people's name as efficiently as Google's search box. Below each name the screen will show each number type registered with the name (Home, Mobile, Work, etc.). Or, if you have assigned seed dial to someone, just hit the Red button, and then hold down the assigned speed dial button.
6. Keyboard Shortcuts - I can quickly navigate to any application with 1 key press, compose an email with one key press, etc.... As you can imagine, many efficient shortcuts with a physical keyboard.

I must admit, the iPhone is extremely attractive. It's the gorgeous blond at the bar that all the guys want to take home, and it's easy to get seduced by it/her. I was that guy before both iPhone launches, but after I played with my friends on both occasions, it became apparent that it's no better than a one night stand. A BlackBerry is like the girl you take home to meet your parents, and spend the rest of your life with.

-conker
What he said !
Offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 02:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm an avid Mac user and was leaning to the iPhone immensely. However, after careful deliberation and trying out my friends iPhones and Bolds the Bold was hands down the better phone. Functionally it is simply a better phone. It's starting to get cold here in Canada and trying to type on the iPhone in cold weather is simply not fun.

Another aspect, at least for my use, is the ability to unlock the Bold easily. I travel a lot for work (England, USA, Russia) and not being able to pop in a local sim card into the iPhone 3g is a negative. Obviously you can buy an unlocked iPhone 3G from Australia, Italy and Hong Kong, however, the cost is prohibitive.

There is a simplicity to the Blackberry experience as far as messaging goes that the iPhone cannot match yet. As far as media is concerned the iPhone is a better device, however, I prefer to have a separate iPod for that purpose which I keep at the gym. Browsing is also better on the iPhone, however, for general browsing purposes the Bold does extremely well. The Battery life of the Bold is also considerably better.

The only drawback that I have with Blackberries in general is RIM's lack of decent software for Apple OSX. However, this is slowly being rectified and OSX software is currently under development my RIM; scheduled to be released early next year.
Offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 03:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 143
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Alright thanks for everyone's feedback,

I've decided to get a blackberry, but the thing is is that I was wondering if I should wait on getting the blackberry bold 9000 because I'm wondering if there will be an updated version coming out very soon.. would this be true? like the blackberry bold 9100 or something???

Did the bold just come out or has it been out for a while?

Typing on the iphone for me is a pain in the ***!

Thanks
Offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 07:06 PM   #28 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
conker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.210
PIN: 249E86E3
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 305
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Although the keyboard argument for BlackBerry's is certainly relevant and a deal maker for many when considering the iPhone versus the Bold, I think it is much more important to think beyond that when considering the pros and cons of both devices.

Hypothetically speaking, what if Apple comes out with an iPhone with a physical keyboard? Would that sway you towards buying an iPhone instead of a BB device? For me, no, and I have listed some reasons in an earlier post. This is how I approach this discussion on the many occasions it comes up within these forums and with friends.
Offline  
Old 10-19-2008, 07:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
conker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.210
PIN: 249E86E3
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 305
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibodybuild View Post
Alright thanks for everyone's feedback,

I've decided to get a blackberry, but the thing is is that I was wondering if I should wait on getting the blackberry bold 9000 because I'm wondering if there will be an updated version coming out very soon.. would this be true? like the blackberry bold 9100 or something???

Did the bold just come out or has it been out for a while?

Typing on the iphone for me is a pain in the ***!

Thanks
Good timing, checkout:

Logical BlackBerry Smartphone Speculation for 2009 | CrackBerry.com
Rogers 2009 BlackBerry lineup : Boy Genius Report
BlackBerry Magnum to appear at WES 2009? | BlackBerry Cool

My feeling is, you are always going to be behind the curve. Apple has stepped up the pressure on everyone by releasing a new version of it's product lineup every year! Look at how this has influenced RIM. They are cranking out devices! You've got to ask yourself what is missing from the Bold that you desire. The Bold is loaded. I suppose you could make a somewhat legitimate argument to wait for:

+ Higher megapixel camera
+ More on board memory
+ Touch screen
+ Larger screen

??? However, I think every other h/w specification that is important and desirable is in the Bold.

-conker
Offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 12:00 AM   #30 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 143
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conker View Post
Good timing, checkout:

Logical BlackBerry Smartphone Speculation for 2009 | CrackBerry.com
Rogers 2009 BlackBerry lineup : Boy Genius Report
BlackBerry Magnum to appear at WES 2009? | BlackBerry Cool

My feeling is, you are always going to be behind the curve. Apple has stepped up the pressure on everyone by releasing a new version of it's product lineup every year! Look at how this has influenced RIM. They are cranking out devices! You've got to ask yourself what is missing from the Bold that you desire. The Bold is loaded. I suppose you could make a somewhat legitimate argument to wait for:

+ Higher megapixel camera
+ More on board memory
+ Touch screen
+ Larger screen

??? However, I think every other h/w specification that is important and desirable is in the Bold.

-conker
Thank you, so it's good timing to pickup the bold now?

Thanks a lot
Offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 12:09 AM   #31 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
conker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.210
PIN: 249E86E3
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 305
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Your call, we can only help you make an informed decision. Hopefully, others who are more knowledgeable will chime in.
Offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 09:33 AM   #32 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
raynicolini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond Hill
Model: 9900
OS: 7.1.0.74
PIN: 28316DB1
Carrier: Toronto Wireless
Posts: 513
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I had a blackberry, then i went to the iPhone when it first came out, it is a great phone at first. Actually it is a great video ipod, but email just plain sucks. After 6 months i got very bored with the phone and I went back to the curve until the BOLD came out. Now I am never going back. My path will always remain BB.
Offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 03:03 AM   #33 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 143
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Alright, so now my options have kind of changed....

It's between the iphone and the blackberry curve 8300. What would you say, use the iphone 3g or the blackberry curve... This is such a hard decision!

Thanks to everyone's input so far
Offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 07:36 AM   #34 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Posts: 45
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

what's changed?

I had the same decision between iphone and Bold and plumped for the Bold... too many problems i'd find on the iphone:

-no copy and paste (from the people who invented it no less!)
-no multi-tasking
-lack of true push email
-no forwarding of sms messages (not sure of this one)
-no tactile feedback on touchscreen
-poor camera (ok the Bold's isn't much better, so I keep my N82 around)
-lack of video recording
-lack of MMS messaging (though I've never used this)
-not being able to send or receive files/ringtones/music via bluetooth (so you have to email photos)
-no bluetooth stereo headphones (strange it's missing on a glorified iPod!)
-battery can only be removed by Apple which costs upto $100 ? (unless you void the warranty)
-no memory cards.. so no possibility of having hot-swappable 32gb cards in the future. 16gb cards are already out.
-no DivX/XviD support.
-poor telephony quality
-difficult to use one-handed.
-no mass storage support
-having to install the iTunes virus on your computer to transfer files/music.
-no rapid speed dial
-no BB Messenger ;)

-no hardware keyboard (duh! I just don't think I'd get along with current touchscreens, only the Storm with it's click may be ok).

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there is more, but it also does SOME things very well, like web browsing... the music player is supposed to be ok, and the screen size is a big plus of course.

I'll also add, the N82 seems to multitask better than the Bold and has native FlashLite support, a better 3.2MP camera (not a factor for me as I have the 5MP N82) as well as Fring available for it (great for Skype and messengers). I almost went for the Nokia E71 and the only thing that stopped me was the slightly smaller screen size, what *looks* like a more cramped keyboard (but is supposed to be one of the best) and strangely, lack of divx/xvid, though I know CorePlayer plays DivX etc (I have it on the N82). And I wasn't sure if push mail would be quite the same.

If you are really considering the iphone and don't mind no push email, I'd go for the E71. Great all-metal build quality.

Also, having both the Bold and the N82, the Bold seems to freeze more than the N82 which seems to be quicker, so I would imagine the E71 may be quicker. Still enjoying the Bold though Keep in mind for movie viewing, you will need well converted files into DivX or XviD or there are problems with sync'd audio etc. I've found myself converting a lot to the smaller mp4 format to fit in more as well, so that may defeat the whole reasoning for me wanting DivX support...!

Gotta say this, seems like there are more free Symbian apps available than BB :(
__________________
My other (main) phone is a Nokia N82.
Now if only someone can combine a Bold and an N82 and I'll have my perfect phone

Last edited by Emboldened : 10-22-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 07:37 AM   #35 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
328iGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Canada
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.442
PIN: 21569E16
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Posts: 228
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibodybuild View Post
Alright, so now my options have kind of changed....

It's between the iphone and the blackberry curve 8300. What would you say, use the iphone 3g or the blackberry curve... This is such a hard decision!

Thanks to everyone's input so far
Why would you want to get old technology in the Curve and skip over the Bold?

Last edited by 328iGuy : 10-22-2008 at 07:40 AM.
Offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 07:59 AM   #36 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
conker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.210
PIN: 249E86E3
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 305
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibodybuild View Post
Alright, so now my options have kind of changed....

It's between the iphone and the blackberry curve 8300. What would you say, use the iphone 3g or the blackberry curve... This is such a hard decision!

Thanks to everyone's input so far
ibodybuild, it is still a matter of what you want. My original reply to you still applies. The decision should simply be based on whether or not you will rely on the device for heavy text communication. If only casually, then go for the iPhone. Please see my original reply to you.
Offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 08:16 AM   #37 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Brooklyn NY
Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 52
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You want a true report i will tell u. i had the iphone 2g from the day it came out until the new 3g came out. i loved it. i used to have a BB curve and it was great for business. the iphone 2g was great because it filled all my needs at the time but it still lacked some key features. when i went to the 3g i was disappointed because of the quality and the service dropped. i will keep it short and sweet if you are a heavy email user BB if you want coolness and more meidia then iphone. i am now using the BB bold and i am loving it for emails and business. i sold my iphone and got the ipod touch for media. PM me if you want more info. i went what you are going threw now.
Offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 09:35 AM   #38 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
BBRaffey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Connecticut
Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 114
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

RIM is really missing the boat by not being able to get its stuff together with the Bold. I am a true BB lover and will wait for however long it takes them to perfect the Bold. As for general overall sales, the fact remains that most smart phone users are not the afficionados that we on this forum are. My wife needed a new phone and simply refused to wait for the Bold to come out so she opted for the iPhone. Despite what many have said about the iPhone on this forum about its shortcomings, the public has spoken and Apple's profits are up 26% almost solely due to the termendous sales of the iPhone.

RIM take heed and fix the Bold's problems!!
Offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 01:32 AM   #39 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 155
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibodybuild View Post
I'm deciding between getting the bold or the iphone... can someone please point me in the direction of which I should choose and why.

What is better overall, the bold or iphone?

Thanks in advance.

They are two totally different devices and you cannot really make a fair comparison.

The screen on the iPhone is twice the size of any Blackberry.

iPhone has a virtual keyboard (indeed - whole interface is touch of course) and BB obviously has a physical keyboard. I certainly do miss the physical keyboard on my curve as well as autotext, but I actually type a lot faster than I thought I would on the iPhone.

Internet -- iPhone, hands down. Period. Anyone who has ever seen one knows what the iPhone can do on Internet.

Email - Blackberry wins hands down. With iPhone, the only way to get true push is if you have Exchange, MobileMe, or Yahoo. Also no real IM on iPhone because as soon as the phone goes "idle" it kicks you off of any chat you might be engaged in, and you are unable to receive any messages.

There are some rumors that this might be fixed in the upcoming 2.2 firmware, but who knows........

The iPhone can do things that no Blackberry could ever even dream of doing. You can truly use the iPhone as an eBook reader.

I get tired of looking at lengthy e-mails on a Blackberry, let alone an entire book!

One more thing - 128mb on the BOLD vs. 8 or 16GB on the iPhone.

Enough said.

I had a Curve and an 8700 and do not (yet?) have a bold, but the call quality on my iPhone is amazing, much better than either of my Blackberrys and switching back and forth between calls is a lot smoother, faster, easier and much more seamless than it was on either of my two blackberries. It is a lot easier to quickly touch a large virtual button than to scroll a tiny wheel or ball to exactly the right option.
Offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 01:41 AM   #40 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2008
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 155
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBRaffey View Post
RIM is really missing the boat by not being able to get its stuff together with the Bold. I am a true BB lover and will wait for however long it takes them to perfect the Bold. As for general overall sales, the fact remains that most smart phone users are not the afficionados that we on this forum are. My wife needed a new phone and simply refused to wait for the Bold to come out so she opted for the iPhone. Despite what many have said about the iPhone on this forum about its shortcomings, the public has spoken and Apple's profits are up 26% almost solely due to the termendous sales of the iPhone.

RIM take heed and fix the Bold's problems!!

RIM lost one certain sale here as well by not getting the Bold out fast enough -- I bought an iPhone a couple weeks ago and I'm happy enough with it that I am no longer clamoring for the bold as I had been.

I was getting fed up with the pathetic amount of memory on my curve -- 64 MB???? Come ON, RIM!!!!! And having to constantly delete e-mails and keep on top of my system memory, finding things to delete or clean up.

With 8 GIGS on the iPhone, I'm constantly looking for things to fill it up, and new things to do with it instead of ways to pare it down like on my BB Curve. Worrying about deleting emails, etc.......

Even the new bold is only going to have 128MB of actual system memory -- the gigabyte they threw in is only for media!!! WTF????

*maybe* I'll change my mind after I see and play with a Bold, but I'm really liking my iPhone a lot - a lot more than I had expected to.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.