BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2008, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Paris & Beirut
Model: 9981
OS: 7.1.0.523
Carrier: Orange FR & Etisalat AE
Posts: 334
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 24 Times in 12 Posts
Default Constant Reboots

Please Login to Remove!

Since this morning, my device reboots every few minutes. No precise pattern.

I keep discoverning it rebooting when it is idle... and sometimes while working.

- Downgraded to the OS delviered with the device;
- reapplied the update to the latest firmware on my vendor's site (9000M_PBr4.6.0_rel292_PL4.0.0.155_A4.6.0.162_Oran ge_France.exe);
- formatted the media card... just in case;
- wiped all and reinstalled;
- removed the only two applciations installed (viigo beta and Google maps)... no success.

I am at loss to finding the reason.

Any indication would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired BBF Moderator
 
Thatzmister2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 5,890
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandel View Post
Since this morning, my device reboots every few minutes. No precise pattern.

I keep discoverning it rebooting when it is idle... and sometimes while working.

- Downgraded to the OS delviered with the device;
- reapplied the update to the latest firmware on my vendor's site (9000M_PBr4.6.0_rel292_PL4.0.0.155_A4.6.0.162_Oran ge_France.exe);
- formatted the media card... just in case;
- wiped all and reinstalled;
- removed the only two applciations installed (viigo beta and Google maps)... no success.

I am at loss to finding the reason.

Any indication would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Remove the Media Card and wait. Does it stop re-booting?

E-
__________________
Unlocked | AT&T BES
*gasp* Un-protected...


www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 02:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Paris & Beirut
Model: 9981
OS: 7.1.0.523
Carrier: Orange FR & Etisalat AE
Posts: 334
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 24 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Remove the Media Card and wait. Does it stop re-booting?

E-
I've removed the card and left the phone this way for more than 8 hours, with no reboot.

Sounds like the issue faced by several individuals after they upgraded from 4.2 to 4.5 on the 88xx.

There is a slight chance also that this is due to battery/power. The phone was plugged to the charger.
Offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 07:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Paris & Beirut
Model: 9981
OS: 7.1.0.523
Carrier: Orange FR & Etisalat AE
Posts: 334
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 24 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandel View Post
I've removed the card and left the phone this way for more than 8 hours, with no reboot.

Sounds like the issue faced by several individuals after they upgraded from 4.2 to 4.5 on the 88xx.

There is a slight chance also that this is due to battery/power. The phone was plugged to the charger.
The issue is definitely from the card. I tested the issue on two devices and with two different cards... and the probblem followed the card...

Orange Customer Service were extremely helpful with helping make the tests.
Offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 01:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Paris & Beirut
Model: 9981
OS: 7.1.0.523
Carrier: Orange FR & Etisalat AE
Posts: 334
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 24 Times in 12 Posts
Default

More...

I changed device; I changed the Micro SD Card... and the problem is still there!

I ran virus check on my cards, none is infected.

The only thing that is left is data... I do not know what data could be causing the device to reboot.

What I have on my card is the type of files one has on such cards: some pictures; some music, and a few pdf files that I store there in case of emergency.

Weird. Does anyone have an idea on this?
Offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Read this link:

Fix for Media Player Not Scanning For Music, Stuck on Scan, or Constant Reboots

You probably copied BACK to the new card the same files as you had on the old, including the bbthumbs.dat file?
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.