BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Model: pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tm
Posts: 40
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Help, do I need a media card to put music on my bold using pocketmac & Mac?

Please Login to Remove!

I downloaded pocketmac. I am running leopard on a macbook pro. I want to just put like a couple songs on but it wont let me. it says "no media card present" and I didnt turn on mass media storage. I eventually will get a card but for now I just want to put a couple songs on. Anyone know if an easier way?? I thought there was 1gb of storage on this
Offline  
Old 11-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Model: pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tm
Posts: 40
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

bump
Offline  
Old 11-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Latino Hasta La Muerte
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denville, NJ.
Model: 7250
OS: 4.1
PIN: G!!!
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 9,035
Post Thanks: 51
Thanked 305 Times in 293 Posts
Default

Yes, you need a media card. It's critical to keep internal free memory clear so your Blackberry will function smoothly.
Offline  
Old 11-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Model: pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tm
Posts: 40
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Yes, you need a media card. It's critical to keep internal free memory clear so your Blackberry will function smoothly.
ok but how do I make it work for a MAC?? the software wont install and my comptuer doesnt read the bb
Offline  
Old 11-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
soupandsandwich
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Yes, you need a media card. It's critical to keep internal free memory clear so your Blackberry will function smoothly.
You don't *need* a media card with the Bold since it comes with 1GB of internal media memory.
Certainly would help though.
 
Old 11-09-2008, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLAWS View Post
ok but how do I make it work for a MAC?? the software wont install and my comptuer doesnt read the bb
the pocketmac software won't load? I don't think you would be able to upload music via pocketmac anyway. I THINK it only syncs up your contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, bookmarks, and emails.

with the microSD card, when you plug in your BB to your mac (regardless if you have pocketmac), it'll ask you (on the phone) if you want to turn on Mass Storage Mode (yes) and you can drag and drop music on there that way, but you DO need an microSD card.
__________________
~Minty
Offline  
Old 11-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Latino Hasta La Muerte
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denville, NJ.
Model: 7250
OS: 4.1
PIN: G!!!
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 9,035
Post Thanks: 51
Thanked 305 Times in 293 Posts
Default

First, lots of the new MacBooks and MacBook Pros won't run PocketMac. It's a known issue and there is no fix, other than to throw it away and buy Mark/Space's Missing Sync. It's not free like PocketMac, but it solves the problems a lot of new Mac users are having. And it's a really good program.


While you technically don't need a memory card, I consider them critical to a Blackberry. The Bold has almost enough internal storage to use without a memory card, but you're still WAY better off with one.

If you're looking to transfer files to your Blackberry from your Mac, the best way is by using the USB/Mini-USB cable and connecting the two through that. The BB should ask you if you want to go into "Mass Storage Mode" when it's connected, which you do. Then the memory card should mound to your desktop like any removable media. Then you drag and drop files into the sub-folders of your choice.

You can also pair your BB to your Mac via bluetooth and use the Mac's built-in bluetooth file exchange to send stuff to the BB. The downside to this is that for each group of files you want to send from your Mac, you first have to go to the BB, open the Media application, go to the type of media you want to import, and use the menu key to select "Receive Using Bluetooth". You can select multiple files on your Mac to send all at once, but you have to manually accept each one on the BB as they transfer over. And bluetooth is slower than USB.
Offline  
Old 11-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Model: pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tm
Posts: 40
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
First, lots of the new MacBooks and MacBook Pros won't run PocketMac. It's a known issue and there is no fix, other than to throw it away and buy Mark/Space's Missing Sync. It's not free like PocketMac, but it solves the problems a lot of new Mac users are having. And it's a really good program.


While you technically don't need a memory card, I consider them critical to a Blackberry. The Bold has almost enough internal storage to use without a memory card, but you're still WAY better off with one.

If you're looking to transfer files to your Blackberry from your Mac, the best way is by using the USB/Mini-USB cable and connecting the two through that. The BB should ask you if you want to go into "Mass Storage Mode" when it's connected, which you do. Then the memory card should mound to your desktop like any removable media. Then you drag and drop files into the sub-folders of your choice.

You can also pair your BB to your Mac via bluetooth and use the Mac's built-in bluetooth file exchange to send stuff to the BB. The downside to this is that for each group of files you want to send from your Mac, you first have to go to the BB, open the Media application, go to the type of media you want to import, and use the menu key to select "Receive Using Bluetooth". You can select multiple files on your Mac to send all at once, but you have to manually accept each one on the BB as they transfer over. And bluetooth is slower than USB.



I tried the bluetooth method and it keeps saying that transfer is failed, what gives?
Offline  
Old 11-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Model: pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tm
Posts: 40
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
First, lots of the new MacBooks and MacBook Pros won't run PocketMac. It's a known issue and there is no fix, other than to throw it away and buy Mark/Space's Missing Sync. It's not free like PocketMac, but it solves the problems a lot of new Mac users are having. And it's a really good program.


While you technically don't need a memory card, I consider them critical to a Blackberry. The Bold has almost enough internal storage to use without a memory card, but you're still WAY better off with one.

If you're looking to transfer files to your Blackberry from your Mac, the best way is by using the USB/Mini-USB cable and connecting the two through that. The BB should ask you if you want to go into "Mass Storage Mode" when it's connected, which you do. Then the memory card should mound to your desktop like any removable media. Then you drag and drop files into the sub-folders of your choice.

You can also pair your BB to your Mac via bluetooth and use the Mac's built-in bluetooth file exchange to send stuff to the BB. The downside to this is that for each group of files you want to send from your Mac, you first have to go to the BB, open the Media application, go to the type of media you want to import, and use the menu key to select "Receive Using Bluetooth". You can select multiple files on your Mac to send all at once, but you have to manually accept each one on the BB as they transfer over. And bluetooth is slower than USB.



I tried the bluetooth method and it keeps saying that transfer is failed, what gives?
Offline  
Old 11-10-2008, 06:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Latino Hasta La Muerte
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denville, NJ.
Model: 7250
OS: 4.1
PIN: G!!!
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 9,035
Post Thanks: 51
Thanked 305 Times in 293 Posts
Default

Sometimes they just don't make contact. Try hitting "resend" on the computer and see if that does it. Often, when I get the failed connection method, the retry gets it done.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.