BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/)
-   -   Can Anyone Get the Accuweather Web Signal To Work? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/158582-can-anyone-get-accuweather-web-signal-work.html)

JG in SB 11-08-2008 08:28 PM

Can Anyone Get the Accuweather Web Signal To Work?
 
I have been messing around with my new Bold, and one of the items I saw on the Blackberry featured item screen was something called "web signals".

I want to download the Accuweather Web Signal to my Bold, but can;t manage to do it. I click "download", then I read (i.e. scroll down) through the service agreement, then I carefully click "I Accept" and then I am presented with a screen that tells me that if I want to use the produict, I have to agree to their service agreement.

Well that is what I am trying to do, and it won;t identify the fact that I am clicking "I Accept". I have tried clearing out my caches, and restarting etc. but nothing works. Anyone figure this out, or have a suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

DacyJ 11-08-2008 09:11 PM

Wirelessly posted (by a fat naked guy!)

I've tried several times myself and can't get it to work either.

powercx 11-08-2008 09:13 PM

Takes 24 hours for the icon to show for me. I believe they stated that.

JG in SB 11-08-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powercx (Post 1162915)
Takes 24 hours for the icon to show for me. I believe they stated that.

Please re-read the original post. My problem is not that I don't see the icon. It is that I am pressing "I Accept" and the system is giving me the message that it would give someone who says they do not accept.

I am not an idiot. Please don't talk to me as if I were one. Thank you.

powercx 11-08-2008 09:45 PM

No of course you're not an idiot. I just tried adding another channel and it worked. I used the regular browser, not Media Net. Maybe it works now.

bigrob 11-08-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG in SB (Post 1162863)
I have been messing around with my new Bold, and one of the items I saw on the Blackberry featured item screen was something called "web signals".

I want to download the Accuweather Web Signal to my Bold, but can;t manage to do it. I click "download", then I read (i.e. scroll down) through the service agreement, then I carefully click "I Accept" and then I am presented with a screen that tells me that if I want to use the produict, I have to agree to their service agreement.

Well that is what I am trying to do, and it won;t identify the fact that I am clicking "I Accept". I have tried clearing out my caches, and restarting etc. but nothing works. Anyone figure this out, or have a suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

After you click on accept, try hitting the munu button, the one with the spots, I think I remember a "GO" selection, or something like that & it helped! I was having a similiar issue as well but did get it!

masonfoley 11-08-2008 11:00 PM

I just "signed up" for it. Where does the icon eventually show up? In the Downloads folder or the Home folder?

JG in SB 11-09-2008 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigrob (Post 1163014)
After you click on accept, try hitting the munu button, the one with the spots, I think I remember a "GO" selection, or something like that & it helped! I was having a similiar issue as well but did get it!

Nope. I don't get that menu selection on my handset. I'm certain there is nowhere I can call for tech support on this issue as well. Pretty annoying....

bigrob 11-09-2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG in SB (Post 1163086)
Nope. I don't get that menu selection on my handset. I'm certain there is nowhere I can call for tech support on this issue as well. Pretty annoying....

I did mine again to see. I start on the weather setup icon. scroll down and click on accept, it stays on the SAME screen but the font of the "I accept & I do not accept" gets bigger, and I click accept a second time and it goes to Push Services and it is the accuweather screen. This sounds different from what you r talking about. My Bold is a Rogers and I am with Tmo & u have AT&T, not sure but that could be why we have differences in the programs! ??

b00001 11-09-2008 06:54 AM

Read orig post and tried on mine. New Bold, Att. Clicked accept and immediately went to next screen confirming install. Maybe check your internet settings, browser discoverable as a "Blackberry", checkboxes, scripting, etc???

ifonline 11-09-2008 07:10 AM

I've signed up for this a week ago, and I have yet to see anything. It might work for some, but it definitely has issues. RIM has a ways to go to get this to work properly...

masonfoley 11-09-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifonline (Post 1163223)
I've signed up for this a week ago, and I have yet to see anything. It might work for some, but it definitely has issues. RIM has a ways to go to get this to work properly...

Same here only it's been 24 hours for me (site indicates up to 3 hours for delivery of the icon).

Sparkomatic 11-09-2008 09:59 AM

I signed up so long ago, I completely forgot I did it! lol

I think it's been a month. Went through the install, nothing happened and I didn't even remember until I saw this thread.

marcfogel 11-09-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkomatic (Post 1163377)
I signed up so long ago, I completely forgot I did it! lol

I think it's been a month. Went through the install, nothing happened and I didn't even remember until I saw this thread.

Pop your battery

Sparkomatic 11-09-2008 11:24 PM

Ugh, I tried signing up again and get the same problem with the I Agree/I Do Not Agree. I click on I Agree and it acts like I clicked on didn't agree. Very annoying...

Horizon Wireless 11-09-2008 11:41 PM

I was never been able to get it to work.... Been like 2 weeks and im still waiting

classklown 05-07-2009 06:42 AM

Accuweather
 
I need to get my post count to 10 to give you the answer

classklown 05-07-2009 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkomatic (Post 1164196)
Ugh, I tried signing up again and get the same problem with the I Agree/I Do Not Agree. I click on I Agree and it acts like I clicked on didn't agree. Very annoying...

this is my second

classklown 05-07-2009 06:43 AM

third

classklown 05-07-2009 06:44 AM

I do not know why I need to post 10 time to be able to post links to websites.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.