11-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg MB Canada
PIN: On Request
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
If you still have the 8830, I believe you can.
I don't have the EXACT procedure on hand, but it goes something like this:
- plug in the 8830 into DM and use the Device Switch Wizard as if you were going to do the device switch now.
- follow the prompts up to the point where you are asked to unplug the old device and plug the new device in. There is a setting somewhere where you have to untick save user data settings and messages, and make sure you tick the save 3rd party applications box. Let the wizard work up to where it says plug the new device in and click next. Stop right there, don't click Next.
- navigate to c:\documents and settings\yourusername\local settings\temp\yourpin#
yourusername = your windows login name
yourpin = your BB pin number
In my case there would be a directory named 207BADEB.
- copy that entire directory and it's contents over to somewhere else on your hard drive.
- click Cancel on the device switch wizard.
- unplug the 8830 and plug in the Bold.
- Click the Application Loader and browse. Navigate over to where you copied the directory.
- There is an .alx file with your pin number, e.g. 207BADEB.alx, click that, and the app loader will then proceed to load all of your 3rd party apps onto your Bold.
If you can't find the directory with your pin number, make sure all files and folders are unhidden. Or, when it comes time to search for the directory, use the Windows Start-Search tool and look for it that way (type in your PIN number) after making sure you include hidden files and folders.
Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.
BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist