01-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Sep 2006
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Bold pre-purchase questions from iPhone user
Please Login to Remove!
I'm a Mac guy, so when the iPhone 3G came out, I ditched my AT&T Curve and went for it. The Curve was a bit of a drag for three reasons:
- The dust under the screen got absolutely overwhelming
- Missing Sync was problematic with the phone and my Mac with iCal and Address Book
- It would crash a fair bit.
So then I got an iPhone 3G. Nice. Very elegant. Lots of fun apps. Syncs beautifully. Great iPod. Then the honeymoon was over, and I discovered:
- A virtual keyboard just doesn't compete
- Separate email inboxes for each account - a real hassle
- Expensive data plans
- And most of all: NO BLACKBERRY MESSENGER!
My wife and I used to ROCK that when we had Blackberries. SO slick. Now we talk less, because she hates the iPhone keyboard, and texting just doesn't have the same speed. That's the backstory. Here are my questions:
1) On AT&T, can I use Blackberry messenger internationally? Will I be billed extra by AT&T for the use of it, beyond my data plan? (I'm about to travel a bit).
2) Does it get dust under the screen like my Curve did?
3) Can someone compare the call quality to that of the iPhone, or the Curve for that matter?
Thanks so much in advance!