BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/)
-   -   need help after upgrading to OS ver.4.6.0.247 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/183500-need-help-after-upgrading-os-ver-4-6-0-247-a.html)

WTO 03-28-2009 11:55 PM

need help after upgrading to OS ver.4.6.0.247
 
Hi,

After upgrading my OS to ver 4.6.0.247, everything works perfectly well. Better battery's usage, improved app memory efficiency.

But one thing is not good. Documents to go (premium edition) doesn't want to open a password protected file anymore. After the OS upgrade, I was asked to reactivate the docs-to-go premium edition again. I did that and only to find out that I couldn't retrieve the password protected files again.

Someone knows whta's wrong? Or any suggestion for other software other than docs-to-go. I have read about the eOffice on the Handmark website, but wondering can it retrieve password protected file. Anyone in the forum has the experience of using eOffice? Need advice. Many thanks.

Regards.

glopezur 03-29-2009 07:31 PM

That's odd. I didn't had any trouble after getting the latest OS; maybe you should try to re install documents to go and check for updates also that maybe solve your troubles

Lt_Dan87 03-29-2009 07:37 PM

Is "OS" basically like an update for your BB?

glopezur 03-29-2009 07:39 PM

Wirelessly posted

OS stands for: Operating System

Lt_Dan87 03-29-2009 07:41 PM

So basically how everything works and is run on your BB then? How often is a new one released, where can I find my OS also?

dc/dc 03-29-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt_Dan87 (Post 1336654)
Is "OS" basically like an update for your BB?

¿Estas en serio?

glopezur 03-29-2009 07:48 PM

Wirelessly posted

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt_Dan87
So basically how everything works and is run on your BB then? How often is a new one released, where can I find my OS also?

1. Yes
2. You should check the forums every month for updates
3. Go to Options -> About

Lt_Dan87 03-29-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glopezur (Post 1336668)
Wirelessly posted



1. Yes
2. You should check the forums every month for updates
3. Go to Options -> About

Thanks.

Does the BB automatically prompt you for an update or you have to manually do it?

AJCURVE 03-29-2009 08:09 PM

manually, connect to your Blackberry to your computer.
you should have the blackberry Desk top manager in your computer. if you haven't install it yet the program is in a CD that came with your device.

Lt_Dan87 03-29-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJCURVE (Post 1336694)
manually, connect to your Blackberry to your computer.
you should have the blackberry Desk top manager in your computer. if you haven't install it yet the program is in a CD that came with your device.

Damn, cant get that on my computer cause i use a Mac, thats the only way to update your OS?

dc/dc 03-29-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt_Dan87 (Post 1336709)
Damn, cant get that on my computer cause i use a Mac, thats the only way to update your OS?

YES!

Lt_Dan87 03-29-2009 10:06 PM

That cant be the only way, they wouldnt shaft Mac users like that

jsconyers 03-29-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt_Dan87 (Post 1336788)
That cant be the only way, they wouldnt shaft Mac users like that

dc/dc wouldn't give you a wrong answer. As of this time, using a PC is the only way to upgrade your OS. It's rumored that RIM is working on a Mac client, but for the time being, PC is the only way.

Lt_Dan87 03-29-2009 10:32 PM

Damn, well upgrading your OS isnt a huge deal right?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.