BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/)
-   -   Bold Doesn't Recognize Holster (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/187092-bold-doesnt-recognize-holster.html)

mjbanks 04-22-2009 01:16 PM

Bold Doesn't Recognize Holster
 
This just started happening today, but my Bold doesn't recognize it's in the holster anymore (the leather one that shipped with it). The phone doesn't lock or use any of the ring profiles setup for the holster, nor does the screen dim/turn off.

I tried a battery pull and wiped it, but no luck.

Anybody have any idea what the problem is? The magnetic part of the holster works perfectly.

Thanks,
Matt

Caspan 04-22-2009 02:29 PM

Are you placing the device face in? A lot of times people put it facing out. There is a track for the pearl on the inside and it should be placed in that way.

mjbanks 04-22-2009 02:30 PM

I always put it facing in, but it doesn't recognize either direction.

-EOS- 04-22-2009 02:38 PM

Try another BOLD in your holster and see if that recognizes it. If not, it's the magnetic strip.

mjbanks 04-22-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -EOS- (Post 1361630)
Try another BOLD in your holster and see if that recognizes it. If not, it's the magnetic strip.

Don't have another Bold. I'd have to drive 45min to the closest AT&T store to test it out on one there. Guess that's all I can do.

kjjb0204 04-22-2009 03:50 PM

Wirelessly posted

Any magnets laying around? Wave a magnet over the bb and see if it sleeps. If not, it's a bb problem.

mikadad 04-22-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjbanks (Post 1361507)
This just started happening today, but my Bold doesn't recognize it's in the holster anymore (the leather one that shipped with it). The phone doesn't lock or use any of the ring profiles setup for the holster, nor does the screen dim/turn off.

I tried a battery pull and wiped it, but no luck.

Anybody have any idea what the problem is? The magnetic part of the holster works perfectly.

Thanks,
Matt

just on the outside chance, have you checked in OPTIONS> PASSWORD to see if it still says Yes on Lock Handheld Upon Holstering?

Good luck

mjbanks 04-22-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikadad (Post 1361727)
just on the outside chance, have you checked in OPTIONS> PASSWORD to see if it still says Yes on Lock Handheld Upon Holstering?

Good luck

That was never enabled. It never locked the device when holstered, it just went to an idle state where you couldn't press buttons and the screen was turned off.

mjbanks 04-22-2009 10:03 PM

So, oddly enough, my brother in law decided to buy a Bold today and came over to ask me for help with apps and such. His Bold is NOT work in my holster and both of ours worked in his. I guess the internal magnet got busted in my holster? The flap still snaps together with no problem.

Gonna look into getting a new one.

Caspan 04-23-2009 07:43 AM

Glad you figured it out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.