BlackBerry Handheld Software v188.8.131.528
Multilanguage; contains English
From AT&T; This will load to any carrier's 9000. The interesting thing to note on this file is the increased Software Platform version (184.108.40.206 vs. 220.127.116.11)
and the Package release is 18.104.22.1688 vs the older 22.214.171.1248).
This is in comparison to other releases of the 9000 OS 126.96.36.199. and that this file was released today (04/29/2009) by AT&T.
Software For BlackBerry® Bold (TM) 9000 smartphone
BlackBerry Handheld Software v188.8.131.528 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 184.108.40.2068
This software version has since been taken down from AT&T's download page.
- Applications: 220.127.116.11
- Software Platform: 18.104.22.168
- File name: 9000M_PBr4.6.0_rel438_PL22.214.171.124_A126.96.36.199_AT_am p_T.exe
- File size: 93.32MB
- Software Name: BlackBerry Handheld Software v188.8.131.528 (Multilanguage)
- Download Size: 93.317 MB
- Published Date: 04/29/2009
Download the OS file here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the AppLoader says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
Previous OS version here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html