I was never lucky with mobile phones and it seems that my BOLD is continuing a tradition here. *sigh*
I have the following issues:
1) calls are dropping
2) the battery is getting extremely hot
3) the trackball is losing connectivity (mechanical i think, i can't "feel" it scrolling anymore), so that i can't scroll to the right side, only up, down, left (not always but more and more often in the past days)
4) e-mails sometimes don't arrive immediately but are pushed in stacks like 3 or 4 from my blackberry mail account
What do you guys think: do carriers replace phones under such circumstances? I'm yet extremely satisfied with my phone, even with all the problems that are appearing .
My experiences with replaced phones so far are:
- Vodafone: Nokia 7650 3 times (software), Siemens M65 2 times (water got inside but it was the OUTDOOR phone, water proof etc...not that good ;))
- T-Mobile: SE T610 (suddenly stopped working)
But they were all completely gone...so I'm not too sure about "partial" damage.