BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 04:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMN
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default One more problem...again...

Please Login to Remove!

after all the problemas i had,now 2 more...to get the phone to work i have to try lots a times puting the battery in and out to get it to come on,then when it comes on the network keeps coming and going ,and can´t get wireless too,i´ve allready wiped it and flash it but no luck still the same,starting to get tired of this phone ...

can someone help me???

thanks
Offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 06:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Appleinator
 
Dubdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Model: App5
OS: AJBR549
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Posts: 20,031
Post Thanks: 54
Thanked 782 Times in 742 Posts
Default

What carrier are you using? Do they support BB's? Do you have a signal? Is the device locked or unlocked?
__________________
-->>BB FAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter


If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 06:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,530
Post Thanks: 220
Thanked 345 Times in 311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
What carrier are you using? Do they support BB's? Do you have a signal? Is the device locked or unlocked?
Yes, this is important. Please update your profile according to this thread:
HOW-TO: Correctly fill in your BlackBerryForums.com User Profile
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMN
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
What carrier are you using? Do they support BB's? Do you have a signal? Is the device locked or unlocked?

the phone was given to me from a english friend ,starts whith mobistar,but when i wiped it i put TMN (portuguese) ,and no i dont have any support,sometimes i get signal but just for a few seconds and it is unlocked...

thanks
Offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: none
Posts: 10
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmec View Post
the phone was given to me from a english friend ,starts whith mobistar,but when i wiped it i put TMN (portuguese) ,and no i dont have any support,sometimes i get signal but just for a few seconds and it is unlocked...

thanks
May your phone needs to be check up.
Offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 07:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
MidnightDraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chester,UK
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Posts: 9,481
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 110 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmec View Post
the phone was given to me from a english friend ,starts whith mobistar,but when i wiped it i put TMN (portuguese) ,and no i dont have any support,sometimes i get signal but just for a few seconds and it is unlocked...

thanks
Well, Mobistar isn't an English carrier, so it's not from England.
When you say you wiped it to put TMN on it, you mean you debranded so the mobistar startup logo wouldn't show, but TMN's logo would?
Or you wiped the mobistar OS and put the TMN OS on it? If this is the case, it doesn't matter whose carrier OS is on the phone, they are all the same, and the OS doesn't affect the startup logo.
__________________
~Midnight Draven

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."

Last edited by MidnightDraven : 05-11-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 08:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMN
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightdraven View Post
Well, Mobistar isn't an English carrier, so it's not from England.
When you say you wiped it to put TMN on it, you mean you debranded so the mobistar startup logo wouldn't show, but TMN's logo would?
Or you wiped the mobistar OS and put the TMN OS on it? If this is the case, it doesn't matter whose carrier OS is on the phone, they are all the same, and the OS doesn't affect the startup logo.


thank you all, a english friend gave it to me i have no idea if mobistar is english or not,and the mobistar sigh still comes up in the bigin,so i just put the carrier OS and has you said doesn´t matter they all the same but i didnt know that,but still my problem was something else and no help for that yet,if there is one...
Offline  
Old 05-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
MidnightDraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chester,UK
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Posts: 9,481
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 110 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Ok. Yes Mobistar is not an english carrier.

I can only suggest that you wipe again and load the latest OS .266 in the stickied thread at the top of the forum.
__________________
~Midnight Draven

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Offline  
Old 05-12-2009, 02:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMN
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightdraven View Post
Ok. Yes Mobistar is not an english carrier.

I can only suggest that you wipe again and load the latest OS .266 in the stickied thread at the top of the forum.
thanks Midnightdraven

i´ll try that...
Offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 06:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMN
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightdraven View Post
Ok. Yes Mobistar is not an english carrier.

I can only suggest that you wipe again and load the latest OS .266 in the stickied thread at the top of the forum.
didn´t work still the same ,network keeps coming and going,no wi-fi ,i give up,this phone suks....
Offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Illinois
Model: 9850
PIN: k Floyd \m/ ROCK!
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 249
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (8700c)

I begining to think its not the phone. It could possibly not be compatible with the network where you are at. Is that phone originally from your region/locale? If not then it might not be compatible just because its unlocked doesn't mean it wil work.
__________________
"I dont feel I need to explain my art to you Warren"
Offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 06:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMN
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseass View Post
Wirelessly posted (8700c)

I begining to think its not the phone. It could possibly not be compatible with the network where you are at. Is that phone originally from your region/locale? If not then it might not be compatible just because its unlocked doesn't mean it wil work.
ok,i understand what you mean,but i´ve used it before and it was ok.

all started whith no reason just turn off,even now to turn it on sometimes i have to put the battery 3 or 4 times in and out till it starts ...
Offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 06:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
CoDudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Model: iOS
OS: 5.0.1
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN
Posts: 1,937
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

have you checked with your service provider?
Offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 02:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
minty_male's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hindustan
Model: BOLD
OS: 5.0.93
PIN: mypin = I can PIN = mypin
Carrier: Airtel-India
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmec View Post
after all the problemas i had,now 2 more...to get the phone to work i have to try lots a times puting the battery in and out to get it to come on,then when it comes on the network keeps coming and going ,and can´t get wireless too,i´ve allready wiped it and flash it but no luck still the same,starting to get tired of this phone ...

can someone help me???

thanks
Back up ur data use JL_CMDER to wipe your BlackBerry & re install OS
Offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 05:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMN
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minty_male View Post
Back up ur data use JL_CMDER to wipe your BlackBerry & re install OS
i did that ,i think this is a hardware problem,but i´m confused there are too many problemas at the same time to be only hardware prob,

1- only starts after a few trys (battery in and out)
2- the scroll button works all right to the sides up and down,but pressing downd only works sometimes
3- network and wi-fi keeps coming and going (the name of the network or wi-fi doesn´t show up dont know if there is an option for that)
4- just found out last night battery was full ,left it whith sim card on (saying searching for net work),after around 8 hours battery empty

and no i dont have any support,the phone was sent to me from England and it says MOBISTAR when it starts up

to see what has been done just follow the treath from the begin...

can someone try to give me an idea what to do...

thanks all those who trying to help me .
Offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
minty_male's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hindustan
Model: BOLD
OS: 5.0.93
PIN: mypin = I can PIN = mypin
Carrier: Airtel-India
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmec View Post
i did that ,i think this is a hardware problem,but i´m confused there are too many problemas at the same time to be only hardware prob,

1- only starts after a few trys (battery in and out)
2- the scroll button works all right to the sides up and down,but pressing downd only works sometimes
3- network and wi-fi keeps coming and going (the name of the network or wi-fi doesn´t show up dont know if there is an option for that)
4- just found out last night battery was full ,left it whith sim card on (saying searching for net work),after around 8 hours battery empty

and no i dont have any support,the phone was sent to me from England and it says MOBISTAR when it starts up

to see what has been done just follow the treath from the begin...

can someone try to give me an idea what to do...

thanks all those who trying to help me .

better get it repaired, if you are carrying warranty, take it to authorised place
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright © 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.