BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/)
-   -   Blackberry Email Problem (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/192342-blackberry-email-problem.html)

chigga 06-03-2009 12:20 PM

Blackberry Email Problem
 
Hi,

I've had a BB for the last 3 years, so I'm pretty sure I know a lot of the tricks and etc. However, I'm having a problem that I never had before. My emails are not functioning the way I've been used to. If I send an email from my computer, my blackberry has not been getting it. Likewise, if I write an email from my blackberry, it sends, but does not give me that "receipt" that a message has been sent. I've had this Bold for over 8 months, but in the past week it's been doing this. Does anyone know why? Is there a setting on my phone or something? What do I need to do to fix these issues?

Thanks a lot =)

jsconyers 06-03-2009 12:25 PM

I would start with a battery pull.
1st step to take if device is having problems? - BlackBerryFAQ

If that doesn't work, I would try resending your service books:
How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ

If that doesn't work, I would check the settings.
Messages > Options > General Options > Hide Sent Messages = ??
Messages > Options > Email Settings > Send Email To Handheld = ??
Messages > Options > Email Settings > Save Copy In Sent Folder = ??

chigga 06-03-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1398139)
I would start with a battery pull.
1st step to take if device is having problems? - BlackBerryFAQ

If that doesn't work, I would try resending your service books:
How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ

If that doesn't work, I would check the settings.
Messages > Options > General Options > Hide Sent Messages = ??
Messages > Options > Email Settings > Send Email To Handheld = ??
Messages > Options > Email Settings > Save Copy In Sent Folder = ??

I've done the battery pull numerous times, and the service books at least 5 times.

The "Hide Sent Messages" and "Hide Filed Messages" are both set as 'No'.

Interestingly, the other two setting checks you pointed out were not in any of the four areas (General Options, Email Settings, Email Recon, Spell Check).

So now what? :-(

jsconyers 06-03-2009 12:39 PM

That setting is for BES only, my apologies.

Is this happening to one email account or multiple?

Do you have more than one email address on your device? If so, check the settings above for each account.

I would try to remove and re-add the account and see if that helps.
How to add / delete email addresses - BlackBerryFAQ

chigga 06-03-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1398153)
That setting is for BES only, my apologies.

Is this happening to one email account or multiple?

Do you have more than one email address on your device? If so, check the settings above for each account.

I would try to remove and re-add the account and see if that helps.
How to add / delete email addresses - BlackBerryFAQ

Yea, I have two accounts on this, both are personal accounts. I have removed them and re-added them, and that did not help =(

What's wrong with this device?!

jsconyers 06-03-2009 01:18 PM

Very interesting. Are you getting a capital EDGE? Can you use other BlackBerry data features such as BBM, PIN Messaging, BlackBerry Browser?

Dubdub 06-03-2009 02:20 PM

Do you also have a BES account on the BB? A new IT Policy could be an issue.

chigga 06-04-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1398195)
Very interesting. Are you getting a capital EDGE? Can you use other BlackBerry data features such as BBM, PIN Messaging, BlackBerry Browser?

I get a capital 3G and yup, everything else works just fine.

I'm not on BES, I don't have this blackberry tied to corporate email or anything. I stay under the radar.

ruconscious 06-04-2009 11:09 AM

if i was having this issue i would upgrade my os if it was possible. what version are you running?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.