BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/)
-   -   Device (Bold) provisioning issue for activation (with enterprise services) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/192721-device-bold-provisioning-issue-activation-enterprise-services.html)

trueliar2k 06-06-2009 03:14 PM

Device (Bold) provisioning issue for activation (with enterprise services)
 
I recently switched from blackberry storm (which was working fine with my BES services) to Bold.
However, as soon as I switched the problem started. I never got to the enterprise activation step. Whenever I do enterprise activation I get "an error occured while sending activation transmission". My service provider did a lot of things to work it out, but nothing helped.
I called up RIM for more support and they said that my new device isn't provisioned correctly.
I told this to my service provider, but he said that he never heard of provisioning device. They only provision the SIM, which they did in this case. He seems to be right, because I never gave them my PIN or IMEI for storm when it was activated by them.
any how, to cut it short, i searched a lot on the internet about provisioning devices (bold) with enterprise services, but I didn't get any help. Everywhere it says that device must be provisioned, but how to do it, it's not mentioned any where.

if I do "register now" in TCP/IP area for my service provider, it sends an email and I see an email in my mail box (bold) from Blackberry with subject registration, saying that your hand-held has been registered with the wireless network.

Can some body help me here to get my bold working?

I have been trying since a month now with no success. I would appreciate if any one can help here.

PIN for my device is 208F6D35.

hrbuckley 06-06-2009 04:01 PM

In order to access a BES your device has to be provisioned by your wireless provider. You won't find any documentation because this isn't something you can take any part in (other than finding the support agent at your provider that knows what is going on.

I suspect that since the BES data switching is actually done at RIM it has nothing to do with the sim (but this is a WAG).

BES provisioning is relatively new. I was tinkering with BES Express a year ago and my blackberry worked fine. When I recently installed a full BES and tried to activate my Bold I had the same problem as you. Some rogers agents told us we needed to buy $K15 worth of software (the BES) which we already had. Took nearly a week to find the right person.

One trick that might work is to have the RIM support person that gives you that answer forward your call to someone at your carrier that they are sure knows what to do.

penguin3107 06-06-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueliar2k (Post 1400434)
I recently switched from blackberry storm (which was working fine with my BES services) to Bold.
However, as soon as I switched the problem started. I never got to the enterprise activation step. Whenever I do enterprise activation I get "an error occured while sending activation transmission". My service provider did a lot of things to work it out, but nothing helped.
I called up RIM for more support and they said that my new device isn't provisioned correctly.
I told this to my service provider, but he said that he never heard of provisioning device. They only provision the SIM, which they did in this case. He seems to be right, because I never gave them my PIN or IMEI for storm when it was activated by them.
any how, to cut it short, i searched a lot on the internet about provisioning devices (bold) with enterprise services, but I didn't get any help. Everywhere it says that device must be provisioned, but how to do it, it's not mentioned any where.

if I do "register now" in TCP/IP area for my service provider, it sends an email and I see an email in my mail box (bold) from Blackberry with subject registration, saying that your hand-held has been registered with the wireless network.

Can some body help me here to get my bold working?

I have been trying since a month now with no success. I would appreciate if any one can help here.

PIN for my device is 208F6D35.

You're missing a very critical step.
In order to activate your device on a BES, you need to contact your BES administrator and have them set an activation password for you.

If you're not the BES administrator, then there's no way you'll ever activate on a BES via Enterprise Activation on your own.

ka7gzr 06-06-2009 04:35 PM

Have used the Desktop Manager to synchronize with blackberry enterprise server? I assume you have not seen the enterprise activation occur? In the service Book do you have Desktop [SYNC} file?

trueliar2k 06-08-2009 01:55 PM

Tried everything :-)
 
Thanks to every one for their response.

Actually I work for the operator :-). I sat with the BES admin and asked him to do what is being shared by the RIM expert. and he tried every thing.

Now the problem comes here:

if I do cable activation, it works fine. It activates and I can use the internet as well.

however, as soon as I unplug blackberry bold from the USB cable, nothing works again.

if i send a mail, it fails with a red cross saying that "Message Status: service block". however, if I plug it again in USB, every thing starts working fine again.

penguin3107 06-08-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueliar2k (Post 1401644)
Now the problem comes here:

if I do cable activation, it works fine. It activates and I can use the internet as well.

however, as soon as I unplug blackberry bold from the USB cable, nothing works again.

if i send a mail, it fails with a red cross saying that "Message Status: service block". however, if I plug it again in USB, every thing starts working fine again.

This does sound like a provisioning issue.
Have you used the BlackBerry Expert Support Center to verify that the account is properly provisioned with the Enterprise BlackBerry Data Plan?

I can check for you if you want. Just email me the PIN and IMEI of the handheld and I'll check. [email address]

trueliar2k 06-08-2009 09:21 PM

interesting discovery :-)
 
I made the blackberry support person talk to RIM so that he may understand what's RIM saying about provisioning.
After the call my support guy tried something interesting to show that he is doing every thing right.

that is, if he take another handset and do an enterprise activation on that for my account it's working perfectly fine. It can send receive mails (wirelessly), surf web and do all the blackberry related stuff.

however, as soon as my handset is grabbed for activation / provisioning, the same problem occurs :-(

like I said, if I attach it with USB cable, then every thing works fine with my device, but unpluging causes the problem to come again.

trueliar2k 06-08-2009 09:21 PM

@penguin!
thanks for the kind offer. I mailed you the PIN and IMEI for my device.

hrbuckley 06-09-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueliar2k (Post 1402002)
I made the blackberry support person talk to RIM so that he may understand what's RIM saying about provisioning.
After the call my support guy tried something interesting to show that he is doing every thing right.

that is, if he take another handset and do an enterprise activation on that for my account it's working perfectly fine. It can send receive mails (wirelessly), surf web and do all the blackberry related stuff.

however, as soon as my handset is grabbed for activation / provisioning, the same problem occurs :-(

like I said, if I attach it with USB cable, then every thing works fine with my device, but unpluging causes the problem to come again.

This all just confirms to me that your device hasn't been activated for Enterprise data. Hopefully penguin can help you out.

penguin3107 06-09-2009 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There's definitely a problem with this particular handheld.
Perhaps it was once reported lost or stolen, because it appears that RIM has removed this device from its network or has a service block on it.

Probably explains this comment you made above --> "if i send a mail, it fails with a red cross saying that "Message Status: service block""

You can try calling RIM, but I have a feeling that in the end you're probably looking at replacing this handheld with a different one.

trueliar2k 06-09-2009 08:10 PM

it's time for exchange :-)
 
I called up RIM, and they still insist that every thing is fine at their end. The handset isn't blocked / locked at their end.

they are saying that the handset has to be provisioned properly.

my operator provisions blackberry services on IMSI, therefore, there is no way to make the provision my handset.

I think it's time to go for changing the handset.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.