Here's how to add your own icons
This can all be done on the phone itself and no need to connect it to the computer (unless you don't have a data plan I suppose)
*** NOTE: I only own a BOLD but I imagine it should work all the same with a different device ***
- Download BBFileScout - BBFileScout Download [File Manager for BlackBerry® Devices]
- Download the folder_icons.zip to your phone:
- when it asks you where to save it, navigate to: /system/samples/folder icons/ ==> select folder01.png.rem now change the name of the file name to folder_icons.zip and select save
- Run BBFileScout go to -> Menu -> Options and ensure these are checked:
- Show hidden files & directories
- Allow editing in SimpleTextViewer
- Use the BBFileScout build-in text viewer/editor
- Use the BBFileScout build-in ZIP handler
- Force BB media content handler for images, audio & video files
- Menu -> Save settings
- navigate to this path SYSTEM -> SAMPLES -> FOLDER ICONS
- you should see the folder_icons.zip in the file list of folder##.png
- click / select that file (ie. press the trackball down) and you will be prompted to: " Extract 'folder_icons.zip' in 'system/samples/folder icons/' ? "
- Select OK then delete the folder_icons.zip file and then exit out of BBFileScout
- Go to the Home Screen and Add a Folder change the icon of the folder and you should see 6 new icons when you scroll to the right!!!!
- Finally, ENJOY!!!