BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: YVR
Model: Bold
OS: 4.6.0.247
Carrier: FIDO
Posts: 200
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Face lift possible?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi guys... dropped my Bold and got a dent / scratched corner!! Ouch... I know you can change the back batt cover... but can you change the "silver rim" of the Bold??

Thanks
Offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Sytner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.337
PIN: S = Ouch
Carrier: Orange UK
Posts: 717
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 42 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Yeah you can change pretty much anything on a BB.

Would this be the part you require? BlackBerry Bold 9000 OEM bezel w/ side buttons- SonyEricsson, NEC, Nokia, Motorola, Alcatel, Tools, Panasonic, Mobiado, Dopod/O2
__________________
How To Create Wallpapers
VistaBB - Vista Aero Style
^ Not bad for a 15 year old?
9800 / 6.0.0.337
If someone posts something useful, click thanks!
Offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: YVR
Model: Bold
OS: 4.6.0.247
Carrier: FIDO
Posts: 200
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sytner View Post
Yeah you can change pretty much anything on a BB.

Would this be the part you require? BlackBerry Bold 9000 OEM bezel w/ side buttons- SonyEricsson, NEC, Nokia, Motorola, Alcatel, Tools, Panasonic, Mobiado, Dopod/O2
I dont think its that hard to disassemble/ re-assemble... I dont need to take off the screen. trackball... etc.... just the rim...

Thanks again

Bruce
Offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dark side of the moon
Model: 9500
OS: 4.7.0.151
PIN: G Eye2 BeCu
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 29
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce-YVR View Post
I dont think its that hard to disassemble/ re-assemble... I dont need to take off the screen. trackball... etc.... just the rim...

Thanks again

Bruce
To change out the piece you are referencing, you do have to disassemble the entire Bold.

It isn't that difficult; search Youtube for videos of how to do it.
Offline  
Old 06-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Just me
 
fonejunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: iFone
OS: iOS4
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility
Posts: 2,292
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhatfield View Post
To change out the piece you are referencing, you do have to disassemble the entire Bold.

It isn't that difficult; search Youtube for videos of how to do it.
If you follow the link (above), there are links to videos for disassembly and re-assembly right on the page...
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.