Originally Posted by miamirulz29
No you can't, I just tested this with my brother. The custom ringtone only works with phone calls not sms.
Bzzzz. Thanks for playing... we have some lovely parting gifts for ya. How to assign specific Ringtones even for MMS and SMS
Ever noticed that you can assign ringtones to a specific person, but if they send you a text message or MMS they fall under the profile ringtone?
Here is the way to solve that:
1. Go to Profiles
2. Select Advanced
3. Press Menu Button, then New Profile
4. Name: (Name the profile, i.e. the person's name) - [Joe Smith]
5. Insert your custom ring tone under each specific place: Phone / MMS / SMS / Etc.
While in profiles...
1. Press Menu Button, then New Exception
2. Name: Same name as the profile - [Joe Smith]
3. From: Add the person's contact from address book - [Joe Smith]
4. Use Profile: (specify the profile you created) - Joe Smith
5. Uncheck box for Custom Phone Tune
Now whenever that person calls, sends a Text, that specific ring tone will work for them.