BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
bram79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.666
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telkomsel
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Exclamation Latest Windows Live Messenger ver. 2.5.27

Please Login to Remove!

Anybody here experiencing the same problem like me?

The new Windows Live Messenger for BlackBerry wont remember your password anymore even though you have ticked the "save password" box.

After you sign out or close the program it will clear up the password field, therefore you have to re-enter it again.

Is there a fix to this problem ?

Thank you
Offline  
Old 09-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
MidnightDraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chester,UK
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Posts: 9,481
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 110 Times in 110 Posts
Default

nevermind - found it, will download and let you know
__________________
~Midnight Draven

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Offline  
Old 09-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
MidnightDraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chester,UK
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Posts: 9,481
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 110 Times in 110 Posts
Default

ooo new icon.

nope never get that message.
__________________
~Midnight Draven

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Offline  
Old 09-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
bram79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.666
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telkomsel
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightdraven View Post
nevermind - found it, will download and let you know
Hi how ar eyou Ms. Midnightdraven Glad to 1st get the respond from you hehe. Well try ticking the "save password" box. Then log in..and log out. And then exit the WLM and Start (Open) it again.

You should then notice that the "save password" is still ticked BUT the password field is cleared.
Offline  
Old 09-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
MidnightDraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chester,UK
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Posts: 9,481
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 110 Times in 110 Posts
Default

When I upgraded my info was already in the boxes and saved.
And the password box was ticked.

Ive unticked the box and signed in, signed out and exited.
I opened, entered password, ticked box, signed in, signed out and exited.
opened and my password is still there.

I dont get a message like you, i get a "If you device is stolen sign in to windows live to change it" message.
__________________
~Midnight Draven

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Offline  
Old 09-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
bram79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.666
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telkomsel
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightdraven View Post
When I upgraded my info was already in the boxes and saved.
And the password box was ticked.

Ive unticked the box and signed in, signed out and exited.
I opened, entered password, ticked box, signed in, signed out and exited.
opened and my password is still there.

I dont get a message like you, i get a "If you device is stolen sign in to windows live to change it" message.
I didnt say I got a message. it just that my WLM wont save my password. after I typed in my password I ticked the "save password" so that I dont need to type in my password again. But after I EXIT the program (menu button then close) and then open it again username is still there..but the password field is cleared despite the "Save password" box is still remained ticked.
Offline  
Old 09-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Mensa
 
MidnightDraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chester,UK
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile
Posts: 9,481
Post Thanks: 2
Thanked 110 Times in 110 Posts
Default

ah right.
yeh, mine saves it, so no idea!
try a battery pull?
__________________
~Midnight Draven

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Offline  
Old 09-23-2009, 10:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
bram79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.666
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telkomsel
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

OKEY fixed that one somehow.

Another question. you know if you have entered more than one IDs on your WLM the program will remember you ID. ie. when you type in an alpahbet..it will show a few IDs that has been entred into ur WLM. How to erased those trace ?
Offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 05:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
nick.dollimount's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.XXX
PIN: 216DF034
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 343
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bram79 View Post
OKEY fixed that one somehow.

Another question. you know if you have entered more than one IDs on your WLM the program will remember you ID. ie. when you type in an alpahbet..it will show a few IDs that has been entred into ur WLM. How to erased those trace ?
Hey, I'm having this issue as well. Do you know what you did to fix it?
Offline  
Old 09-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default data services unavailable?

why is it that i can't login? i have latest version
it says "data services unavailable"?

my yahoo meesenger works perfect.

can anyone help?

8100-on tmob
Offline  
Old 10-01-2009, 04:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 64
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

my works fine~~~ and i love the new 2.5 MSN.. very NICE~~~
Offline  
Old 10-01-2009, 07:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sweden
Model: 9000
PIN: 25671149
Carrier: Telenor
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

where can i download the new version ?
Offline  
Old 10-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
nick.dollimount's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.XXX
PIN: 216DF034
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 343
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

In your Bold browser, go to http://mobile.blackberry.com/livemessenger
Offline  
Old 10-01-2009, 07:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sweden
Model: 9000
PIN: 25671149
Carrier: Telenor
Posts: 17
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanx ...
Offline  
Old 10-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange France Telecom
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bram79 View Post
Anybody here experiencing the same problem like me?

The new Windows Live Messenger for BlackBerry wont remember your password anymore even though you have ticked the "save password" box.

After you sign out or close the program it will clear up the password field, therefore you have to re-enter it again.

Is there a fix to this problem ?

Thank you
Did you find out how you fixed this? I have the same issue, had it with my 8320 and now have it with my 8520. When i had the WLM 2.1 i didnt have any problems with saving my password, but after upgrading to 2.5 i can't save my password at all, have been looking around on web a fix for this with no luck.

Please help me out whenever you get time, tell me what things you did to make it work.

Thanks!
Offline  
Old 10-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
bram79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.666
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telkomsel
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsersolis View Post
Did you find out how you fixed this? I have the same issue, had it with my 8320 and now have it with my 8520. When i had the WLM 2.1 i didnt have any problems with saving my password, but after upgrading to 2.5 i can't save my password at all, have been looking around on web a fix for this with no luck.

Please help me out whenever you get time, tell me what things you did to make it work.

Thanks!

Okey I have fixed it in a strange way though. My password was quite long, and it seemed that the new WLM 2.5 has some conflict with long digits password.

So what I did was change my password into shorter digits. And it can now remember the password.

Hope this works for you coz it works for me. Good luck.
Offline  
Old 10-14-2009, 12:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
bram79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Model: 9780
OS: 6.0.0.666
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telkomsel
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.dollimount View Post
Hey, I'm having this issue as well. Do you know what you did to fix it?
I cant fixed this one yet.
Offline  
Old 10-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Model: 9700
OS: 5.0.0.680
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Posts: 85
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bram79 View Post
I cant fixed this one yet.
Have you tried deleting the app, and then installing it again? Just an idea... I haven't tried it, so I wouldn't know.
Offline  
Old 10-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange France Telecom
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bram79 View Post
Okey I have fixed it in a strange way though. My password was quite long, and it seemed that the new WLM 2.5 has some conflict with long digits password.

So what I did was change my password into shorter digits. And it can now remember the password.

Hope this works for you coz it works for me. Good luck.
That did it, thanks a lot!
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.