This is the worst OS RIM had released. It has a major issue with ringtones.
Downgrade to the most stable OS which is 681
1) Download BBSAK 1.8.5
2) Run BBSAK
then click on WIPE DEVICE
, when asked to enter a password, leave it blank incase you don't have a password on your device.
3) Wait for a few seconds till you get the confirmation that it was done.
4) Now your device has no operating system and you should see a white screen on the BB
5) Download the following OS:
BlackBerry Handheld Software v184.108.40.2067 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 220.127.116.117
Software Platform: 18.104.22.168
File name: 9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel1137_PL22.214.171.124_A126.96.36.1991_du.ex e
File size: 124.75MB DOWNLOAD 188.8.131.521
6) Install the *.exe
file you just downloaded.
7) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader
8) Delete the file named vendor.xml
9) Connect your BlackBerry through the USB port
10) Run loader.exe
11) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy. (Incase you were given 2 choices whether to leave the applications intact or to downgrade them to the original versions, choose the 2nd option which is to downgrade them, this will ensure you have a completely fresh installation)