Format Blackberry or not?
I have a 9000 that is running OS4 and would like to upgrade to OS5, but I would like to perform a fresh install. I would like to remove installed third party applications. Should I use JL_Cmder to format my 9000 or just perform a normal upgrade? I read that I should not use JL_Cmder to format my 9000 if it is working fine. Any suggestions?
For a clean install I use JL_cmder to completely remove OS then load new OS
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
For info on using Jl_cmdr, see the FAQ. There are two articles there that should help.
Is it recommended to use use JL_Cmder to "wipe" my 9000 if it is working fine? Is this similiar to formatting a hard drive and install a fresh OS for a computer?
My 9000 is working fine it is just a bit slow. My thought is that it will probably perform faster if I do a clean install of the latest OS.
Formatting the phone is better. It's not that hard to restore your apps you know.
Also, make sure you only select the components you want and not install everything to save some space.
Make sure you do not install 22.214.171.1242 it is the worst OS ever and it has the silent ringtone bug which has been admitted by RIM!
Install 126.96.36.1991 it's the best with good battery life, fast speed, and good reception quality.
1) Download BBSAK 1.8.5
2) Run BBSAK then click on WIPE DEVICE, when asked to enter a password, leave it blank incase you don't have a password on your device.
3) Wait for a few seconds till you get the confirmation that it was done.
4) Now your device has no operating system and you should see a white screen on the BB
5) Download the following OS:
Package Version: 188.8.131.521
Software Platform: 184.108.40.206
File name: 9000EastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1301_PL220.127.116.11_A18.104.22.168 1_Telstra.exe
File size: 116.02MB
6) Install the *.exe file you just downloaded.
7) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader
8) Delete the file named vendor.xml
9) Connect your BlackBerry through the USB port
10) Run loader.exe
11) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy. (Incase you were given 2 choices whether to leave the applications intact or to downgrade them to the original versions, choose the 2nd option which is to downgrade them, this will ensure you have a completely fresh installation)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.