Formatting the phone is better. It's not that hard to restore your apps you know.
Also, make sure you only select the components you want and not install everything to save some space.
Make sure you do not install 18.104.22.1682 it is the worst OS ever and it has the silent ringtone bug which has been admitted by RIM!
Install 22.214.171.1241 it's the best with good battery life, fast speed, and good reception quality.
1) Download BBSAK 1.8.5
2) Run BBSAK
then click on WIPE DEVICE
, when asked to enter a password, leave it blank incase you don't have a password on your device.
3) Wait for a few seconds till you get the confirmation that it was done.
4) Now your device has no operating system and you should see a white screen on the BB
5) Download the following OS:
Package Version: 126.96.36.1991
Software Platform: 188.8.131.52
File name: 9000EastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1301_PL184.108.40.206_A220.127.116.11 1_Telstra.exe
File size: 116.02MB DOWNLOAD 18.104.22.1681
6) Install the *.exe
file you just downloaded.
7) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader
8) Delete the file named vendor.xml
9) Connect your BlackBerry through the USB port
10) Run loader.exe
11) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy. (Incase you were given 2 choices whether to leave the applications intact or to downgrade them to the original versions, choose the 2nd option which is to downgrade them, this will ensure you have a completely fresh installation)