Join Date: Mar 2011
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Applications Memory
Please Login to Remove!
Hello, everyone. I'm new to the BlackBerry world having just started a new job and, with that job, I was given a BlackBerry Bold 9000. It's already set up for my company e-mail.
I'm having a problem with a miniscule amount of available applications memory. The amount of memory constantly decreases and sometimes results in my seeing the "winding clock" icon when a phone call comes in, which leaves me unable to answer it.
I've read enough of these forums to know that of the 1GB memory available on the 9000, only 128MB of is is available for applications. I also realize that I wasted $50 on an 8GB memory card because apps can't be installed to it. I'm hoping that I can get some guidance from the BlackBerry gurus on this forum on how I can relieve the problem I face.
Here are the particulars on my phone:
- After a battery pull reset, I'm left with 23.5MB of free space. I see this number by opening BlackBerry App World and going to the "My World" tab. During the course of a day, this number frequently decreases down to 0KB.
- I don't have any media - pictures, music, videos - at all on this BlackBerry.
- In my "Applications" folder, I have the following apps, most of which, evidently, come pre-installed on the BlackBerry because it doesn't let me delete them: MobiTV, Get Mobile Banking, My-Cast Weather, Tasks, Calculator, Clock, Files, Voice Dialing, and Search.
- In my "Games" folder, I have the following games which cannot be deleted: Tetris, Scrabble, Bejeweled, Pac-Man by Namco, and BrickBreaker. I've never played these games, and accordingly, when I try to click one, I'm routed to a page that tells me I have to agree to terms to install.
- In my "Downloads" folder, I have the following apps. These apps are apps that I downloaded and installed from BlackBerry App World and that I use frequently. Also listed are the file sizes as noted from within BlackBerry App World: DriveSafe.ly (941KB), Caller ID Reader (570KB), ScanLife Barcode Reader (839KB), and BatteryWatch (1.2MB).
- I have moved a bunch of things I don't use into a folder called "Things I Don't Use." These are all things that I cannot uninstall/delete: Facebook, MySpace, Yellowpages.com Mobile, Twitter, Mobile Video, AT&T Mall, AT&T Mobile Web, and Visual Voice Mail.
- I also have the following apps preinstalled prior to my receiving the phone. These are listed in my "Menu" screen and I'm not sure of how much space they take up: Messages, SMS and MMS, BlackBerry Messenger, Browser, Contacts, Calendar, BlackBerry App World, AT&T Navigator, Maps, Camera, Video Camera, Voice Notes Recorder, Call Log, Setup, Sounds, Manage Connections, Settings, Help, Media, Lock, and AT&T Music.
- In Settings -> Options -> About, I was able to find what I believe is the OS version - v188.8.131.522 (Bundle 1385, Platform 184.108.40.206)
- I do have a Bluetooth headset enabled and I can tether this BlackBerry to my PC via BlackBerry Desktop Software. I'd guess these features require some application memory as well, but I have no way of knowing how much.
That's about everything I can provide regarding my configuration without specific instructions on how to do so. Can anyone here give me some advice on what I can do to keep my BlackBerry from going into a temporary "hang state" in the afternoon? At this point, my only recourse has been to pull my battery at lunch time.
Thanks in advance for your help.