BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9300 Series Discussion - Curve 3G (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9300-series-discussion-curve-3g/)
-   -   T-Mobile, UMA, and OS Upgrades (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9300-series-discussion-curve-3g/242566-t-mobile-uma-os-upgrades.html)

bocabenz 12-31-2010 11:50 AM

T-Mobile, UMA, and OS Upgrades
 
I'm debating trying out OS 6 on my 9300 for T-Mobile. The one thing I heavily rely on is the uma connectivity over wi-fi that T-Mobile offers. If I were to upgrade to a leaked version of OS 6, would I lose that capability?

Sytner 12-31-2010 11:54 AM

Re: T-Mobile, UMA, and OS Upgrades
 
If your device is T-Mobile branded, then no you will not lose this connectivity. If you device isn't then you will, but you can restore the settings by following this thread.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...tethering.html

Even though it says for the Torch it will still work for the 9300.

JSanders 12-31-2010 02:02 PM

Re: T-Mobile, UMA, and OS Upgrades
 
Synter, That sentence makes no sense. Are you trying to say that if your device is non-TMobile, that following the Torch on TMobile thread will give the non-TMobile device UMA calling? Or what?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

bocabenz 12-31-2010 04:07 PM

Re: T-Mobile, UMA, and OS Upgrades
 
Good news is it is definitely a T-Mo branded device so thankfully I wouldn't have to attempt that whole procedure.

I think I may try out OS 6 once I can confirm that I can downgrade.

JSanders 12-31-2010 10:22 PM

Re: T-Mobile, UMA, and OS Upgrades
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bocabenz (Post 1689843)
Good news is it is definitely a T-Mo branded device so thankfully I wouldn't have to attempt that whole procedure.

I think I may try out OS 6 once I can confirm that I can downgrade.

Absolutely yes, you can downgrade to OS5 if you don't like OS6.

Check our FAQ site, you'll find downgrade instructions on the main page.

Sytner 01-01-2011 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1689819)
Synter, That sentence makes no sense. Are you trying to say that if your device is non-TMobile, that following the Torch on TMobile thread will give the non-TMobile device UMA calling? Or what?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

My apologies, what I wad trying to say was that if the device is tmobile branded then the OP will not lose their UMA Connectivity. The settings would be inserted when the OS is upgraded due to the device having the correct vendor ID.
Conversely if the device wasn't originally on tmobile then the UMA settings may not have even been installed or would be lost when the device is upgraded and you would have to re-enter them through the engineering screen.
I pointed towards the torch thread because the procedure to enter the USA settings is similar, if not the same. Also that thread contains the correct settings the OP would require in order to get the UMA working in tmobile. Also the torch thread was for unlocked devices which would not be tmobile branded, so its trying to achieve the same thing just only on different devices.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

bocabenz 01-01-2011 02:43 PM

Re: T-Mobile, UMA, and OS Upgrades
 
Well, thank you for the help. I tried to update but the new OS just wasn't working right no matter how many times I wiped and re-tried to install. Will wait for a later release and maybe try again.

Sytner 01-01-2011 07:37 PM

Re: T-Mobile, UMA, and OS Upgrades
 
I noticed in your signature that it says that you do not have a BlackBerry plan. If you are upgrading from OS 5 (can't see on mobile site what current OS is) them this is why your upgrade is not working. Try this: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...data-plan.html
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

bocabenz 01-01-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sytner (Post 1690159)
I noticed in your signature that it says that you do not have a BlackBerry plan. If you are upgrading from OS 5 (can't see on mobile site what current OS is) them this is why your upgrade is not working. Try this: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...data-plan.html
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

That is correct, no data plan. My problem was that it seemed to improperly load the gui... Everything was extremely, er, well it looked like stick figures.

Either way, for now I think I'll stick with 5 until an official release of 6 comes out for T-Mo. They've said its in the works when I called.

Once again, thanks for your insight.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.