BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/)
-   -   Final Verizon 9530 Specs (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/151443-final-verizon-9530-specs.html)

Jason Mark 09-23-2008 05:54 AM

Final Verizon 9530 Specs
 
My buddy Kevin Byrne posted these up. It's also in the news feed.





"Ok guys, here it is. This will be my final post until the retail release around 11/1-11/3. I present to you the final hardware specs for the Blackberry Storm.

EVDO Rev A: ( 1900/800 MHz)
GSM/GPRS/EDGE: (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
UTMS/HSDPA/HSUPA: 2100MHZ
Wifi: None

Size: 112.52 x 62.2 x 13.95 mm

Screen 3.25 " HVGA+ 480x360 Multi-touch, Gesture Touch

Battery: 1400mAh (removable! take that IPhone!)

Memory: 1GB flash for media/ 192 meg ram

Camera: 3.2 MP camera, vanity mirror, no flash

Audio: 3.5mm jack, bluetooth stereo, Rhapsody OTA purchase and tethered subscription capable

Browser: Every feature the IPhone safari webkit has, minus support for tabs. No flash support.


This has been a wild ride. I can't wait to talk to you all again soon. Until November rolls around, I bid you all adieu. Much love,

-Kev


As I have posted before on this forum, the Storm/Thunder will work on AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. ;)

Jason Mark 09-23-2008 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Bettiol (Post 1110618)
Or you can get the GSM-only variant with North American 3G bands :razz:

Spy Shots Prove Existence of GSM-Only Storm | BlackBerryNews.com

Yeah I know, but I was bashed for saying this device would work on AT&T and T-Mobile a month or two back. ;)

Jason Mark 09-23-2008 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Bettiol (Post 1110642)
Now they'll only bash you for being smug! :razz:

LMAO...Thanks bro. ;)

dwp1975 09-23-2008 09:07 AM

that is a huge bummer that the camera has no flash, even though it has way more megapixels then the iPhone it will suck as much as the iPhone's camera because if you aren't in good lighting 1000mp won't help the picture from sucking any less. (n) Bad move RIM!

Jason Mark 09-23-2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwp1975 (Post 1110826)
that is a huge bummer that the camera has no flash, even though it has way more megapixels then the iPhone it will suck as much as the iPhone's camera because if you aren't in good lighting 1000mp won't help the picture from sucking any less. (n) Bad move RIM!

Look at the news feed. The 9500 does have a flash. ;)

dwp1975 09-23-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonHDD (Post 1110875)
Look at the news feed. The 9500 does have a flash. ;)

I stand corrected (y), I can attest to how much a camera without flash sucks. So I am glad it will have a flash. I can't wait for this bad boy to be released.

akosnitzky 09-23-2008 10:37 AM

Is the browser issue a drawback?
Browser: Every feature the IPhone safari webkit has, minus support for tabs. No flash support.

mobile_pheen 09-23-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonHDD (Post 1110615)

EVDO Rev A: ( 1900/800 MHz)

GSM/GPRS/EDGE: (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

UTMS/HSDPA/HSUPA: 2100MHZ

Wifi: None

is it just me, or does this update make absolutely no sense?

why would a CDMA/GSM hybrid device have NA GSM bands?


ATT/TMO roaming for verizon customers?.. am i missing something?

lrdiaz 09-23-2008 01:27 PM

International roaming in Central and South America?

mobile_pheen 09-23-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lrdiaz (Post 1111254)
International roaming in Central and South America?

those areas have CDMA AFAIK.. not sure why this would be any different fromt he 8830...

omkhar 09-23-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobile_pheen (Post 1111294)
those areas have CDMA AFAIK.. not sure why this would be any different fromt he 8830...

I know for a fact I've never been able to get a CDMA signal in the following Caribbean nations:

Aruba, Curacao, Bahamas, Trinidad, Cuba, Dominican Republic.

estabulla 09-23-2008 10:05 PM

Making a device that allows customers to use it with their competitors in NA is a bit risky isn't it? Unless of course they cripple the hardware and make it impossible to unlock and use with an AT&T sim card. Couldn't they do something where if it detects a CDMA VZW signal, it will never latch onto GSM frequencies?

dwp1975 09-24-2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estabulla (Post 1111968)
Making a device that allows customers to use it with their competitors in NA is a bit risky isn't it? Unless of course they cripple the hardware and make it impossible to unlock and use with an AT&T sim card. Couldn't they do something where if it detects a CDMA VZW signal, it will never latch onto GSM frequencies?

It will more than likely work like how the 8830 does, in the US it takes the CDMA signal as a primary and then overseas looks for a GSM signal as the primary.

dhendriksen 09-24-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwp1975 (Post 1112405)
It will more than likely work like how the 8830 does, in the US it takes the CDMA signal as a primary and then overseas looks for a GSM signal as the primary.

I've heard that Verizon is going to slowly make the switch to making GSM primary, and eventually phase out CDMA. From what I understand this will take 5+ years, but they are working towards that. This is from my know-it-all brother that works at Verizon's call center, so take it with a grain of salt.

akosnitzky 09-24-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhendriksen (Post 1112540)
I've heard that Verizon is going to slowly make the switch to making GSM primary, and eventually phase out CDMA. From what I understand this will take 5+ years, but they are working towards that. This is from my know-it-all brother that works at Verizon's call center, so take it with a grain of salt.

I think that would make more sense. At this point, I am hoping to see a 9530 device.

SpectreBlofeld 09-24-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhendriksen (Post 1112540)
I've heard that Verizon is going to slowly make the switch to making GSM primary, and eventually phase out CDMA. From what I understand this will take 5+ years, but they are working towards that. This is from my know-it-all brother that works at Verizon's call center, so take it with a grain of salt.

Not quite - the long-term goal is to switch to LTE, the new high-speed wireless technology that will likely replace both CDMA and GSM as we know it at the moment.

dhendriksen 09-24-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akosnitzky (Post 1112692)
I think that would make more sense. At this point, I am hoping to see a 9530 device.

I'm with you. Unless that keyboard sucks, I am all over this thing. I am actually excited about the screen and the tactile feedback it supposedly provides. I would love to hear from someone that actually used one.

CaptainBDSC 09-24-2008 01:39 PM

No WiFi?
 
Weird.... is that because they suppose if you have 3G who needs WiFi?

StormReviews 09-25-2008 09:16 AM

storm-reviews.co.uk - for The Latest BlackBerry Storm Mobile Phone News, Reviews and Rumours.

StormReviews 09-25-2008 09:22 AM

Full storm tech specs available on this site -

storm-reviews.co.uk/storm-features/blackberry-storm-technical-specifications-and-images/


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.