Sorry - posted this elsewhere, but I think you'll find it interesting. This is straight from the horses mouth this am.
Good Morning. My name is Kristin, and I am delighted to assist you with the GPS feature on the new Blackberry Storm.
XXXXX, I am sorry at this time the Blackberry Storm does not include Open GPS.
Though, the phone does offer the wonderful feature VZ Navigator. This is a portable GPS Navigation system for your wireless phone that includes the following features and benefits:
* Spoken directions: turn-by-turn directions help you locate an address or one of 14 million points of interest in the U.S., including hotels, golf courses, shopping centers, restaurants, hospitals, ATMs and more.
* Gas prices - find out how much a fill up will cost you.
* Mapping - view a map of your current location or other U.S. addresses.
* Customized routes- choose from the fastest, shortest and simplest routes.
* "Fastest" routes are selected based on estimated travel time. They are faster to drive but can be longer in distance.
* "Shortest" routes are selected based on total travel distance. They can take longer to drive due to speed limits.
* "Simplest" routes contain the fewest possible turns but may take longer to drive and may be longer in distance than other route options
* Auto redirection - if you miss a turn, VZ Navigator automatically downloads new directions and gets you back on track.
VZ Navigator has both monthly subscription and per day pricing options. The monthly subscription charge is $9.99. The daily charge is $2.99. The per-day option is good for 24 hours. You will be charged $1.99 per megabyte for the initial VZ Navigator download and any subsequent upgrades unless you have the $15 V CAST VPak feature or a Nationwide Premium Plan. You will not be billed for the actual use of the application.
The Monthly Subscription and per day pricing options are available via Get It Now on your wireless phone. VZ Navigator can be downloaded through the Get It Now Store, under the "Get Going" category.
Once the VZ Navigator application is accessed, it is easy to use. You can use the service to locate and get directions to a specific address you already have available or to use the Local Search function to locate a specific business or location from within a large database.
For additional information on VZ Navigator, please visit the following link: Verizon Wireless: Tools & Applications Detail
You may also view a "How To" guide for VZ Navigator by visiting: How to Use Guide: VZ Navigator<SMALL><SUP>SM</SUP></SMALL>
I make it my personal goal to provide the best customer service in the industry. I hope that I have done that for you today. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.