Story or no story, the Verizon BlackBerry Storm OS has issues
From Boy Genius Report
Story or no story, the Verizon BlackBerry Storm OS has issues : Boy Genius Report
We gave you our theory, we gave you RIMís official statement and now people, itís time to move on. The bottom line is that everyone who snagged a Storm from Verizon ended up with v126.96.36.199. The indisputable caveat - v188.8.131.52 has issues. No firmware is perfect and no future firmware revision will ever be completely bug-free, but what we can tell you is that the folks at RIM and Verizon know v184.108.40.206 might be just a little sub-par. How do we know they know? Why else would they be issuing OS updates just a few weeks after releasing the handset? Thatís right people, we got our hands on a preliminary internal communique detailing a series of updates coming soon to a Verizon Storm near you. The first in fact, will likely come next week - just a few short weeks after the launch. Basically, RIM and Verizon have targeted a variety of major issues and will address them through a series of OTA software updates. The list below is split up between issues that will definitely be resolved with the first update next week and issues that will be resolved in a second OTA update that will likely arrive later in December. Hit the jump for the break down and rest a bit easier knowing that whether or not the various issues with v220.127.116.11 are deal breakers for you, Verizon and RIM know there are problems are are working to fix them.
Note that the following is not a complete list of issues that will be covered in the upcoming OS updates. Instead, this is a list of issues being circulated internally at Verizon to ensure that employees do not authorize any Certified Like-new device exchanges for customers citing any of the following as their problemsÖ The first is our favorite by far and no, the last one isnít a joke - itís really on there.
Issues to be resolved by the first OTA update (Maintenance Release 1) - December, week 1:
* If a customer receives a call while listen to music at low volume using a wired headset, the music volume may suddenly increase to the highest level (!). Interim recovery instructions: Lower the volume using the buttons on the side of the handset.
* When using voice-activated dialing, incoming audio may be muted. Interim recovery instructions: Enter the menu and select ďActivate Handset or SpeakerĒ.
* The handset may reset itself while sitting idle or while using multimedia applications. No interim recovery instructions provided.
Issues to be resolved by a subsequent Maintenance Release:
* Customers may intermittently lose email connectivity via CDMA and/or international roaming modes. Interim recovery instructions: Main menu -> Manage Connections -> Select mobile network -> Turn radio off, then Turn radio on. If this does not resolve the issue, pull the battery.
* When powering on the handset, the radio sometimes does not turn on. Interim recovery instructions: Main menu -> Manage Connections -> Select mobile network -> Turn radio on. If this does not resolve the issue, pull the battery.
* Pressing the send key while the device is in landscape mode will open the phone application in portrait mode, but the speed dial function may not work. Interim recovery instructions: Press escape until the home screen appears, then press the send key with the handset in portrait orientation.
* Sometimes entering characters on the virtual keyboard doesnít work. Interim recovery instructions: Re-select the character.
Is it me or do those "Issues to be resolved" do not reflect 90% of the issues being posted here.
thats usually how it works!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.