BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2008, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 9xxx
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 724
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 4.7.0.75 Pushed to BES Users

Please Login to Remove!

4.7.0.75 has been pushed to BES Storm users. Shouldn't be long for BIS users.
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
rachamphetamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 3,117
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Awesome news!
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fairfield, CT
Model: 9930
OS: 7.1.0.755
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 618
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Mark View Post
4.7.0.75 has been pushed to BES Storm users. Shouldn't be long for BIS users.
Can you elaborate? Where are the BES Admins getting the new OS from to distribute? I'm on a BES with a 9530 and I don't have anything available when I check for upgrades in Wireless Upgrades.
__________________
BB devices I've owned: 957 : 7750 : 7250 : 8703e : 8830 : 9530 : 9630 : 9650 : 9930 : 64GB PB

BES 5.0.4 ~ BES 10.1
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 9xxx
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 724
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
Can you elaborate? Where are the BES Admins getting the new OS from to distribute? I'm on a BES with a 9530 and I don't have anything available when I check for upgrades in Wireless Upgrades.
Let me check for you.
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 04:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
GT5L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gainesville, VA
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.246
PIN: askme
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 758
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Wirelessly posted (bb8320TMO)

Please report any improvements or drawbacks.
__________________
No More Palm
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fairfield, CT
Model: 9930
OS: 7.1.0.755
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 618
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Mark View Post
Let me check for you.
Thanks.

I don't know if this is part of the reason, but I just highlighted my account on the BES (as well as a few other 9530 users) and I noticed this at the bottom of the details:

Configuration Name:
Software Upgradeable: False

The BES is running 4.1.6.16

I'd appreciate any insight you may be able to provide.
__________________
BB devices I've owned: 957 : 7750 : 7250 : 8703e : 8830 : 9530 : 9630 : 9650 : 9930 : 64GB PB

BES 5.0.4 ~ BES 10.1
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 9xxx
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 724
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
Thanks.

I don't know if this is part of the reason, but I just highlighted my account on the BES (as well as a few other 9530 users) and I noticed this at the bottom of the details:

Configuration Name:
Software Upgradeable: False

The BES is running 4.1.6.16

I'd appreciate any insight you may be able to provide.
Try updating through your Desktop Manager.
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fairfield, CT
Model: 9930
OS: 7.1.0.755
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 618
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I just tried a couple of ways - unfortunately I still haven't been able to upgrade.

First I opened up Outlook (connected via RPC/HTTPS) then DM & connected the handheld. I checked for upgrades, and it didn't find any.

Thinking that it might somehow want a more 'solid' connection, I closed out DM & Outlook. I then connected via VPN, opened Outlook with a traditional TCP/IP connection, then launched DM. It doesn't find anything available.

Would this ability be dependant upon downloading & installing the new OS somewhere for the BES to be able to distribute it? If so, I know that we haven't installed anything on the BES since MR1. I'm contemplating opening an 'emergency downtime' ticket to upgrade the BES to MR2 if that will help!
__________________
BB devices I've owned: 957 : 7750 : 7250 : 8703e : 8830 : 9530 : 9630 : 9650 : 9930 : 64GB PB

BES 5.0.4 ~ BES 10.1
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 9xxx
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 724
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
I just tried a couple of ways - unfortunately I still haven't been able to upgrade.

First I opened up Outlook (connected via RPC/HTTPS) then DM & connected the handheld. I checked for upgrades, and it didn't find any.

Thinking that it might somehow want a more 'solid' connection, I closed out DM & Outlook. I then connected via VPN, opened Outlook with a traditional TCP/IP connection, then launched DM. It doesn't find anything available.

Would this ability be dependant upon downloading & installing the new OS somewhere for the BES to be able to distribute it? If so, I know that we haven't installed anything on the BES since MR1. I'm contemplating opening an 'emergency downtime' ticket to upgrade the BES to MR2 if that will help!
I'm checking. I received an email that said it had been pushed to BES users. I'm trying to figure it out as I type.
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Central, PA.
Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 169
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (9530)

Has anyone tried going out to VZW's download site for the Blackberry software? There is an option that asks if you are a BIS user or a BES user. I am not near a computer at the moment to check.

Last edited by Thom : 11-28-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 9xxx
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 724
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm not sure. I was just told it's been pushed to BES users.

Last edited by Jason Mark : 11-28-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fairfield, CT
Model: 9930
OS: 7.1.0.755
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 618
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Mark View Post
I'm checking. I received an email that said it had been pushed to BES users. I'm trying to figure it out as I type.
No worries & no pressure at all. Just trying to give you as much info as possible in hopes that an answer will be found!

Edit: Just saw your post above! Checking that now.

Edit #2: Tried the link above & got the following message:
You can not update your software using this system as your device is currently activated on Blackberry Enterprise Server or Blackberry Professional Software. Please contact your administrator for updates. Or check for updates from your carrier service provider. https://www.blackberry.com/hhupgrade

I'm checking VZW's d/l site - nothing there yet
__________________
BB devices I've owned: 957 : 7750 : 7250 : 8703e : 8830 : 9530 : 9630 : 9650 : 9930 : 64GB PB

BES 5.0.4 ~ BES 10.1

Last edited by jgb@etree : 11-28-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Model: 9xxx
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 724
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
No worries & no pressure at all. Just trying to give you as much info as possible in hopes that an answer will be found!
Yeah I know. I'm still working on it. My Storm is at the office, so I can't check myself. I will post back as soon as I figure this out. I apologize for getting peoples hopes up.
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 13
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nothing is available for "Wireless Upgrade" for BIS users at this time.
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Andyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alabama
Model: BOLD
OS: 4.6
Carrier: AT&T / Verizon
Posts: 380
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm on BES and mine shows 4.7.065 and states no upgrades available.
__________________
TOUR VERIZON
BOLD AT&T


www.twitter.com/SgtAndyNorris
Offline  
Old 11-28-2008, 07:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Mark_Venture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Delaware
Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile (w) - Verizon (P)
Posts: 313
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is it possible that Verizon employees, using a Verizon BES got this update pushed to them?

i.e. Verizon's internal BES admins went into their corp BES, added it to push down to the Storm's of VZW Employee's that are connected to a VZW BES?

And that its not externally available yet?

Maybe trying the employees as "test subjects" before they roll out to the customers?
__________________
Work T-Mobile 8900, 8320, 8120 & 8220 - Personal Verizon 9550, 9630, 9530, 8130 & 8330

-> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all
Offline  
Old 11-29-2008, 08:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
HarlyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Somewhere in the MidWest
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 107
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Verizon Actually testing something before they roll it out, thats a JOKE
Offline  
Old 11-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fairfield, CT
Model: 9930
OS: 7.1.0.755
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 618
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlyFan View Post
Verizon Actually testing something before they roll it out, thats a JOKE
It's kind of funny if you think about it. Verizon's usually so slow to market with RIM devices because they undergo such rigorous testing. This time they rushed the 9530 to market without adequate testing and look what happens.
__________________
BB devices I've owned: 957 : 7750 : 7250 : 8703e : 8830 : 9530 : 9630 : 9650 : 9930 : 64GB PB

BES 5.0.4 ~ BES 10.1
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.