Software For BlackBerry® Storm(TM) smartphone
Software Update for Blackberry 9530
This is for the 9530 model, and will load on any carrier's 9530.
BlackBerry Handheld Software v126.96.36.199 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 188.8.131.52
* Applications: 184.108.40.206
* Software Platform: 220.127.116.11
* File name: 9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel109_PL18.104.22.168_A22.214.171.124_Bell _Mobility.exe
* File size: 102.85MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld. Apparently Bell Mobility has pulled this OS for now... if anyone sees it posted back on the site, please let us know.
Download software HERE Bell Mobility Releases OS 126.96.36.199(.76) For 9530 | BlackBerryNews.com
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
To find info on previous versions of the OS: Click Here.