Originally Posted by Ween
I actually have a few questions, if you don't mind.
1) Do you feel like it securely holds the storm? Do you think it would be very difficult to knock it out of the holster?
2) Have you hit anything with it because it was hanging off your hip?
3) Do you think it will damage your storm over time?
4) Does it stick very far off of your belt? (i.e.: does it make you look like a holster dork?)
1: Yes. It holds the the Storm very securely. I work in construction and as this was the 1st day I had it, I dont have much experience with it yet. If I need to get to my phone quick, I release the latch and presto! Phone is out in a jiffy.
I am using the Zagg shield and I did notice that the fit in the case is a little more snug than if I wasnt using it, so I have to make sure the latch closed over the Storm properly. Not an issue for me. I am sure that if you were not using a protector like the Invisible Shield it would work perfect.
2. Its a low profile case. It doesnt stick out any further than other cases from previous Blackberries. The belt clip is designed so that it cannot slip off very easily. very nice!
You can turn the holster any which way for a more comfortable feel. I am confident that if I turned it upside down the phone would not fall out.
The only thing I did not like about it was that the clip is very hard to swivel so as to position the holster to my liking. But it may loosen up after a while.
It doesnt really matter much as my previous BB would fall out sometimes because the holster would swivel (too easily) without my realizing it.
Once you swivel it to your liking, thats it, its there!
3. I dont think so. Its made from some special plastic??? I dont know. The case is very soft to the touch (almost like greasy but not...if you know what I mean) and smooth but when I try to poke it with my fingernail, it doesnt leave an indentation. So its not rubbery...hmmm. Very interesting.
On the inside is very soft material (like felt) for the screen.
Over all I think this is an awesome case for the Storm.
4. If you can find a better holster than this let me know. As I said before, it is very low profile. I wear loose shirts and/or suits and no one would be able to tell I had it on my belt or waist line.