I think this could end up being a great thread. Everyone post their tips and tricks. Any neat little trick that helped increase the functionality of usability of the Storm. No matter how silly it seems another user may have not figured it out and we can all save each other a boat load of time. Even if it's been mentioned in another thread.
For my purposes I'm calling the blackberry icon key the menu key.
1. When using the keyboard swipe down from the top of the keyboard to make it disappear. Swipe up from the very bottom of the screen to make it reappear.
2. When sending a message instead of clicking on the menu button and then having to go the opposite side of the screen to click the send soft button just press the menu button twice. That will send the message.
3. Furthermore any time you are using the menu key you can confirm whatever is highlighted by just pressing the menu key again.
4. Holding the call button brings you to the call log. (read that on the forum today.)
5. Corny but a time saver: Go to Options, AutText, Create New. in the replace
line type: qq
. In the with
This will give you a much quicker way to do emoticons. You can do the same with aa
and any other letter for that matter.
6. Put your swear words in the custom dictionary so it stops respelling them!
Bring it on!