BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Model: STORM
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VERIZON WIRELESS
Posts: 153
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default VZ Nav/Google Maps conflict

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I discovered a glitch in using the VZ Nav tonight. I was trying to navigate and it kept telling me that my navigation timed out and gave me an error. It worked the first time I had the phone but I got that error ever since. I remembered shortly after I received it, I downloaded Google Maps, and decided to see if removing that program would help. I removed Google Maps, the phone rebooted and I was back to navigating with VZ Nav.
Offline  
Old 12-17-2008, 10:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 331
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRPriester View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I discovered a glitch in using the VZ Nav tonight. I was trying to navigate and it kept telling me that my navigation timed out and gave me an error. It worked the first time I had the phone but I got that error ever since. I remembered shortly after I received it, I downloaded Google Maps, and decided to see if removing that program would help. I removed Google Maps, the phone rebooted and I was back to navigating with VZ Nav.
I have used VZ Nav quite a bit lately. I found that when it gives you that error message, the easiest thing to do is to back out of the program (to the home screen bu repeatedly hitting the menu key, not the "red phone button" and restart it. This fixes the problem about half the time. Sometimes I do a battery pull which works very well. I have seen no conflict with Gooigle Maps 2.3.2 at all. I think it was coincidental in your case. 73
Offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Model: STORM
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VERIZON WIRELESS
Posts: 153
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudres View Post
I have used VZ Nav quite a bit lately. I found that when it gives you that error message, the easiest thing to do is to back out of the program (to the home screen bu repeatedly hitting the menu key, not the "red phone button" and restart it. This fixes the problem about half the time. Sometimes I do a battery pull which works very well. I have seen no conflict with Gooigle Maps 2.3.2 at all. I think it was coincidental in your case. 73
It seems more than coincedental to me. I received my phone last Friday, and immediately used VZ Nav and it worked just fine. I believe within the next couple of days I downloaded Google Maps and I started receiving the error. Nav worked just fine after removing Google Maps.
Offline  
Old 04-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Time out

Sorry, but removing google maps doesn't correct the problem either. I don't think anybody knows what to do about this - even Verizon.
Offline  
Old 04-18-2009, 08:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Model: STORM
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VERIZON WIRELESS
Posts: 153
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroma View Post
Sorry, but removing google maps doesn't correct the problem either. I don't think anybody knows what to do about this - even Verizon.

I posted that back in December; since then the new version of Google Maps has been downloaded to my phone and there is no interference at all. They both work well.
Offline  
Old 08-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 4
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default VZ navigator

I found that when my blackberry is connected to the bluetooth on my car the VZ navigation will time out. I can't use both at the same time, only one at a time.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.