Originally Posted by gsontag
Hey guys. I am getting a Storm for xmas and I have a few questions. I searched but did not find answers to most so i am looking for some help.
I am on a family plan and added a line for my storm but i don't get to use it till xmas. So i have a few questions with the activation:
- Will i be able to activate it on xmas? Is it all handled by a co Verizon mputer or do you have to talk to a real person that might not be working on xmas day?
- What OS does the storm ship with now? And can you upgrade it over air rather then with a PC? ( I am a mac user)
- Does ship the storm without a data plan at all? (My family ordered the phone online and i am wondering if it ships with a data plan automatically or if i have to set one up)
Thanks for the help
1. You can activate the phone online or through the automated telephone support, you don't have to speak with a rep.
2. It should ship with .75 which is the latest official release and yes you can upgrade it OTA in the phones options if it comes with a previous version.
3. When you activate the phone it asks you to choose a data plan. As far as I know, you "have" to get at least the $29.99 plan.