BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/)
-   -   Directorys on the STORM (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/167645-directorys-storm.html)

xtreme__boi 12-29-2008 12:26 PM

Directorys on the STORM
 
When I connect the Storm via DM, and click on:

My Computer > BlackBerry 9500 > Device Memory > MUSIC

That's the furtherest I can go into the directory on the handset. If I want to add files other than music (i.e Excel, Word, etc...) is there a way I can create a folder called "My Documents" and it would show in the Storm. Like you would be able to do on a Windows Smartphone, or is this not possible?

Cheers.

xtreme__boi 12-29-2008 12:37 PM

I managed to create a folder called "my documents" in this directory:

My Computer > BlackBerry 9500 > Device Memory > My Documents

I then opened SHEETS TO GO, and I was able to see the "My Documents" folder. I then disconnected the storm, and re-connected. I then go to:

My Computer > BlackBerry 9500 > Device Memory >

But I can't see "my documents" folder. The only folder I can see is "music" but if I go into SHEETS TO GO, and click open, I can see "my documents" listed in there. But I don't see it listed here:

My Computer > BlackBerry 9500 > Device Memory >

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

gsontag 12-29-2008 12:56 PM

Not sure if there is a way to do that, but you could always email the documents if you wanted them. I do that with pictures and such b/c syncing with my mac is such a pain

jjd228 12-29-2008 02:19 PM

Create the directories on the media card, and use the BB to create them, not the computer.

xtreme__boi 12-29-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjd228 (Post 1226731)
Create the directories on the media card, and use the BB to create them, not the computer.

Can you please tell me how this is done?

Of course I am aware how to create directories on the media card using the PC. But how do I do that on the --> :bb:

xtreme__boi 12-30-2008 11:10 AM

Bump!

Nickster248 12-30-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme__boi (Post 1226807)
Can you please tell me how this is done?

Of course I am aware how to create directories on the media card using the PC. But how do I do that on the --> :bb:

Click on the "Media" icon, then click the BB hard key. You should see "Explore" there... highlight it then click on it. From there, you should be able to highlight/click "New', and then type in the name "My Documents".

Hope this helps.

DeadRinga 12-30-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme__boi (Post 1226584)
When I connect the Storm via DM, and click on:

My Computer > BlackBerry 9500 > Device Memory > MUSIC

That's the furtherest I can go into the directory on the handset. If I want to add files other than music (i.e Excel, Word, etc...) is there a way I can create a folder called "My Documents" and it would show in the Storm. Like you would be able to do on a Windows Smartphone, or is this not possible?

Cheers.

Turn on Mass Storage Mode for your BlackBerry Storm in the "Memory" options menu on the berry. You are currently accessing it through MTP which is really only used for syncing with Rhapsody To Go.

xtreme__boi 12-30-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickster248 (Post 1227899)
Click on the "Media" icon, then click the BB hard key. You should see "Explore" there... highlight it then click on it. From there, you should be able to highlight/click "New', and then type in the name "My Documents".

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. Kinda reminds me how I used to browse files on my previous Windows Mobile

Quote:

Turn on Mass Storage Mode for your BlackBerry Storm in the "Memory" options menu on the berry. You are currently accessing it through MTP which is really only used for syncing with Rhapsody To Go.
Thanks for that too. Very useful to know! very handy if I want to organise and sort folder out on the PC screen, instead of the BB screen


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.