01-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hzhao
Just want to share my experience with the forum. If this is a re-post, please forgive me.
I have saw many posts about how to tether BB smartphone with GSM services in the past. Here is what I have done with CDMA 1XEVDO on Verizon network with Storm (9530).
1. On the phone, turn on the Bluetooth with Listening mode.
2. On MAC, open the Bluetooth Preference, select "Setup New Device".
3. After discovered the Blackberry 9530, click "Next", and it will provide a pairing key code.
4. Enter the key code on Blackberry phone, and make sure check the option box on Accpet screen for future automatic pairing.
5. After successful pairing, on MAC, it will enter the modem dialing setup screen.
6. From that screen, enter the following information:
- Username: <your phone number>@vzw3g.com
- Password: vzw (lower case please)
- Modem: au CDMA 1x
- Dialing string: #777
7. Finishing the setting.
To connect, just click the phone symbol on the menu bar, and select the "Connect....".
From dslreports.com, my test speed is at average of 900KB down and 250K up.
what do you mean by MAC?