Originally Posted by monotremata
Wait wait wait.. So youre telling me I can pick up a Storm, unlock it, stick my SIM from my AT&T 8310 in, and expect to use the Storm just as my Curve???
Yes, yes yes.
After you have the device unlocked, follow the directions in this post EXACTLY as written, and it will work. I know. I have followed this procedure many dozen times.
1. Download the ATT service books here
. Unzip the file on your PC and remember where you placed the file on your PC.
2. On the PC, go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\OS version\Java.
Create a new folder and name is ATT. Find the .cod named net_rim_bb_browser_dameon and move the cod to your new folder.
3. Plug in device and open DM > AppLoader > Add/Remove Programs and work your way through the process to remove the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module.
Close DM on completion.
4. Open DM again. Go to Backup/Restore > Advanced. On the right is the Storm's data and service books. On the left select File > Open > Select the service book file you downloaded. Click once to highlight it, and then click the bottom arrow (to move it from the left box to the right).
Go back to main menu of DM.
5. Go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\Loader\OS version\Java then to the folder you created named ATT. Right click the module > Cut.
Go back to main Java folder and paste it back.
6. Plug in device and open DM > AppLoader > Add/Remove > and proceed your way through. You will see net_rim_bb_browser_dameon.cod file being replaced.
7. Now go to AT&T BIS Page log in and resend your service books. Then on your Storm go to Option > Advanced Options > TCP/APN should say
8. You may need to reboot the BB one more time.
I've had to do this after each OS upgrade, but it works!