Originally Posted by cscotty
Man! I just installed it and still dont have any sound from the phone application. Someone has to fix this!
Yes! I fixed it! I tried my method twice just to make sure that it works.
If anyone installs .114 or any previous unofficial/leaked version and you find that you cannot hear calls, your caller cannot hear you, or when you try to use the phone feature you see a phone and headset icon in the top left side of the screen, try this method. It worked for me, but I take no responsibility if it will work for you or if it damages your phone (I just have to put that): Method 1 (recommended and easy method):
Method 2 (harder method):
- Reinstall the OS with a pair of headphones plugged in. Plug it out once the OS has been installed and you are ready to make a call.
- After the install, ensure that all your connections are set up so that you can send and receive calls, even though you cant hear anything.
- Obtain another phone (whether home phone or another cell phone) and call your cell phone.
- Once your cell phone begins to ring, do not pick it up yet. Plug some headphones in the headphone jack, and then answer the call.
- Let the call run for 5 minutes (it may be less, but both times I tried it, I did it for about 5 minutes) and then put the call on hold using the alternate phone (home phone, or another cell phone).
- Once on hold, plug out your headphones, and you should be able to select ACTIVATE SPEAKERPHONE or ACTIVATE HANDSET on the screen.
- Yay, you now have sound!
Hope this helps,