I would suggest waiting for the Storm 2 coming in September, but really who knows if that will get pushed back to another month.
If you cannot wait that long I would say go for it.
So far, since I have updated the OS to .122 (for 9350) I have not had my phone freeze for the past two weeks. INCREDIBLE, lol.
My phone is more receptive in all aspects, and I love it. It's like a different phone from when I got it back in early December.