Originally Posted by peteyspambucket
I am having the same problem, but I did the steps that Jsanders outlined but am still having same issue. Helllppp!!
One of my users had the same problem yesterday. It was hard to tell which database was causing the problem; it always hung on Bluetooth options but I was able to back up that database by itself with no problem. Spent some time on the phone with RIM and the tech had me do the following:
1) Back up 10 or so databases at a time using the advanced options, until it fails
2) Out of the group that fails, back up each database individually until you run into problems
Unfortunately, you'll have to do this with all the databases to determine which one(s) are failing/corrupt.
3) After backing up as many databases as possible, I wiped the device and reactivated it
4) After activation, restored only messages, contacts, notes, calendar, and tasks
5) Synced the device using DM
After this, everything was back to normal and the user could perform complete backups again. Might not be the fastest method, but worked for me. Good luck.