BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How to access the CDMA Menu

Please Login to Remove!

I wanted to get into the CDMA programming menu for the 9530. Its a Telus phone but its unlocked. On some other websites it says that I have to type in ##000000 but that doesn't work for mine, so I was wondering if their is a different code for different carriers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,524
Post Thanks: 214
Thanked 341 Times in 307 Posts
Default

Try replacing "000000" with the last six digits of your phone number.
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nope that didn't work. It says that the msl password must contain 6 digits. Thanks for trying though. Anyone else have any clue?
Offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
zero7404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: tri-state
Model: 9530
OS: 5.0.0.328
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob
Posts: 1,097
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i'm using mine with tmob and i just tried ##000000, it worked....

perhaps messing with some of these settings may improve the phone's ability to hold an EDGE connection ?
__________________
AIM//App World//BEIKS Dictionary//DataVault//GPS Tracker//MissingLight//QuickLaunch//StormLevel Pro//StormLight//Tetris//VA Wallpaper Changer
Offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,524
Post Thanks: 214
Thanked 341 Times in 307 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuta4ever View Post
Nope that didn't work. It says that the msl password must contain 6 digits. Thanks for trying though. Anyone else have any clue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
Try replacing "000000" with the last six digits of your phone number.
How many digits did you put in?
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  
Old 05-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Posts: 1,050
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (8130, Bell Mobility)

Some carriers have MSL codes specific to each ESN/MEID. It's very likely that you will need to get the MSL directly from Telus or RIM.
Offline  
Old 05-02-2009, 02:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The problem is that I'm not a telus customer. I'm using it with fido, so I won't be able to reach the tech support department. I read somewhere that the code is the same for all the phones with the carrier. For example Tmob has ##000000 does anybody know the code for Telus. If you could just post them and I will try and let you know if any of them work
Offline  
Old 05-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Spam Reporter
 
dc/dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: IAD
Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Posts: 14,524
Post Thanks: 214
Thanked 341 Times in 307 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuta4ever View Post
The problem is that I'm not a telus customer. I'm using it with fido, so I won't be able to reach the tech support department. I read somewhere that the code is the same for all the phones with the carrier. For example Tmob has ##000000 does anybody know the code for Telus. If you could just post them and I will try and let you know if any of them work
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhutchison View Post
Wirelessly posted (8130, Bell Mobility)

Some carriers have MSL codes specific to each ESN/MEID. It's very likely that you will need to get the MSL directly from Telus or RIM.
Reading is fundamental.
__________________
I h8 txtspk.
Offline  




Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.