Originally Posted by triemferent
I currently have a 8330 curve and switching to a storm next week. Just wondering what things I should watch out for.
- How much more fragile?
- do I need a new SD card?
- are the curve after market software compatible with the storm?
- anything specific I should be cautious of?
- what seem to be the most common problems with the storm (so I can avoid them)
-any advise for a new storm user?
1) It has a bigger screen so you need to be more careful. I would get a holster and keep the face facing the holster. I also have the Otterbox when I am at work the only thing I hate about the Otterbox itís hard to type in the corner and the space bar is hard for the touch screen to sense, but it does a great job protecting my phone.
2) It comes with an 8G card you can upgrade to the max of 16G
3) Some software maybe compatible but I would have to say no. Because this is a touch screen phone.
4) The phone can be slow but you will find ways to work with that. Make sure you close apps after you are done with them.
5) Everyone has different problems depending on the apps you have and how you use it. My problem is the battery. It lasts about 10 to 12 hours. I wish it would last longer.
6) Advice be patients with the phone. I love my phone but sometimes it can upset you. Also I would get the 1 year contract so you can buy the storm 2 if it comes out? Itís about 50 to 60 bucks more but worth it. I get a new phone every year.
7) Good luck!